superbadd
Accepted Solution

Does anyone know why my built in webcam is not connected?

I have the built in webcam on my laptop and it keeps saying "no webcam found check to see if your web cam is connected" every time I turn the camera on. I think I might have turned off something or worse, removed it by mistake.. I just got the laptop 4 days ago and it took me a while but I got it to work the first day so I know its not broken. Im pretty sure I did something when I was messing with the control panel. Is there a way I can reinstall it?

Peter

Re: Does anyone know why my built in webcam is not connected?

What model is your notebook? It should be listed on a label on the bottom.

- Peter
superbadd

the system unit is  c655d s5330. is that the number you are asking for?

Peter

Yes, that was it!

First, try reinstalling the webcam software.

Toshiba Web Camera Application(v2.0.3.3; 06-02-2011; 86.42M)

If that doesn't work, we could try a restore. Has it worked recently? If it has, or if you're not sure, try using System Restore to restore a previous restore point from before this became an issue. Note that this will not alter your personal data.

If the System Restore doesn't help, we could check if another application is interfering. If you have any video conferencing software installed such as Skype, try uninstalling it and then reinstalling the "Toshiba Web Camera Application" I linked above. If it works, you could then reinstall Skype.

- Peter
superbadd

its connected now, I cant believe I uninstalled it by accident. thank you 1 million times!!

Peter

No problem at all! Thanks for letting us know what fixed it for you. If something's acting up, reinstalling the software/driver is often an easy solution!

- Peter
BrittanyHutto

My webcam is doing the same. It will have the blue light on, but you cant see anything. My side is black. I have tried to uninstal it, and reinstal it. and it still isnt working. i had skype downloaded, but i uninstaled that and reinstaled the webcam and still nothing. i have even tried the system recover. it still only shows the blue light, but no picture! its very aggrevaiting!!

-Brittany

Peter

Brittany, have you double-checked that there isn't a protective film on the camera? It can sometimes be easy to miss. I believe some models have two - one that's wide and covers the entire area and another small one that covers just the camera. Not all have this, but some do. Ensure that there's no film on it. If there isn't, and you've alraedy performed a full system recovery, it sounds like your machine needs servicing.

- Peter
shahabusmani

My laptop seems to be weirder. It shows the webcam chicony under imaging devices with a yellow icon under it. And no application can detect the webcam. Tried the webcam application u listed before but even that does not detect the webcam! :smileyfrustrated: What to do?

Peter

shahabusmani, try right-clicking it in the Device Manager and uninstalling it. Then redownload the web cam application and install it.

- Peter
patrick-freeman

[ Edited ]

Hey whenever i log in to my laptop it say web cam application initialization failed. Ive tried downloading a web cam application but i still cant get it to work 

btw i have a toshiba satellite - a665-s5170

Peter

Try looking at this article.

How can I fix my webcam?

- Peter
GasMask8888

Hello,

I am having trouble getting to my webcam as well.

Originally I had the tool bar for the webcamera on a tab on my desktop. It got quite annoying so I closed it.

Ever since then I have been unable to find my webcam when searching my computer under any libraries. In addition I cannot find a driver to re- install it with on the toshiba website. I would appreciate some help if you have the time.

My model is the X505-Q8102.

Thanks -Gas

Peter

Is your model the X505-Q8102X?

This is the latest version of your webcam software.

Toshiba Web Camera Application(vV2.0.3.37; 05-30-2012; 86.43M)

You should be able to type "camera" into the Start Menu's search field to find it.

- Peter
penguineluvr

I'm having the same problem and by reading this, I believe I have accidently uninstalled my Webcam Application too but I don't know where to reinstall it. Under device manager it says my webcam is up to date and I've used it before but it seems as it disapeared! I can use my webcam if I have another app working it such as Skype or Pixtect.com but I cannot use it just for webcam just by itself or on Facebook. I have a Toshiba Satellite C655-S5512. Thanks.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

[ Edited ]

HERE is the WebCamera Application for your machine if you want to try reinstalling it.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
missyz14

I think my webcam may be uninstalled because it says i dont have one and mine is built in... my laptop is a toshiba Satellite M645- S4070

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

[ Edited ]

The Web Camera Driver for your machine, Missy, is HERE. Download it and reinstall.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
nothing_new

I have a Toshiba Satellite L855D-S5117 with windows 8.  my webcam was working fine then all of a sudden when I click on the webcam option it says "connect a camera."  the blue light on the webcam lens doesn't come on like it had previously either.  I've tried downloading a webcam application and that doesn't seem to do anything either.  I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me