45thparalel

Display driver stopped working..................

Hi, I'm new here but I need some help. My Toshiba Satellite A135-S4637  32bt has started leaving message on screen

"display driver igfx stopped responding and has since recovered" Then later on just quits working. One place said I need to update the driver for video card. I'm tired of looking all over the internet for the answer.Anyone know how to fix this?   THANKS

ShadowPh0x

Re: Display driver stopped working..................

[ Edited ]

yeah im having the same problem with my Qosmio X505-Q8104X, running win 7 home premium 64 bit. I updated to the latest nvidia drivers from the site(270.61) and that didnt change anything, then i reinstalled the drivers that came with the laptop(265.77) and still no love. It glitches a bunch of the colors on the screen and will just blank out and then give me the driver failed and recovered msg, it does it constantly. $1800 for a brand new laptop and it $h!t$ the bed after a week, F'ing rage!

ShadowPh0x

actually, i just completely unintalled the nvidia drivers and it still messes up.......

Occasional Contributor
zeno2

shadowphox you mean you still get a picture with no nvidia drivers?  it affected nothing by removing them?  you still have a picture?  has anyone answered on this forum why toshiba laptops were not included in the nvidia class action lawsuit?  i'm trying to figure out if our toshibas have differrent video problems when compared to the laptops that were included the lawsuit?

Occasional Contributor
zeno2

[ Edited ]

45th parallel:  did your gpu quit working altogether or does it still start up?  i assume you know about the nvidia class action lawsuit for defective nvidia gpus.  the problem is toshiba is not included in this lawsuit as far as i know.  i don't even know if the gpu problems we have are the same problems that the covered laptops are having or if the problems are differrent problems.  nobody on this toshiba forum seems to know.  i can't recall where i read this but a gpu which recovers properly and starts up again is considered to be a normal situation but don't know if this is really true.  it might be because i haven't heard of many gpus totally failing yet so the shutdown and recover thing could be normal if it only happens once in a while.  suppossedly with the covered laptops the gpus fail completely and never recover so it isn't quite the same situation.  i just wish i knew if this problem was fixable in toshibas.  mine does it  but it is so intermittent that it may be a normal thing i just don't know.  it happens so rarely that it really doesn't bother me but maybe it shouldn't happen at all.  i wish someone knew here.

FUGATi

OK here is the deal.... I have a Qosimo X505 q890, less then a year old and its has started to not function while doing pretty much anything. The display driver reset or locks up everything and a power reset is forced to gain access to anything. I have read the post on here and no one seems to know the fix. I have tried driver updates from Nvidia as well as one on Toshiba support site. This is the second system i have own the first one was replaced due to overheating issues only days after i received it.

Toshiba replaced the 360M with a new GPU shortly after i purchased mine. Seems to be issues with most of the 360M from reading this board and other sites.

To sum everything up it crashes using any program on the computer. IE, Adobe CS5, and every game i have ever tried to play.

Toshiba stand behind your flagship Laptop and the consumers that buy them, and find a fix for this or replace the units.