anu
anu

Display /back light not working all the time. M105-S3041

My laptop is M105-S3041

Now I am using a external monitor.

The laptop display back light is not working properly.

When I open the laptop with bit force I can see the contents of the display for few seconds. There after back light is gone.

I wish to know the problem before I take it to the service  people.

One repair center told me the cost to replace the Lcd inverter is 85 GBP. Or fixing a new monitor will cost  around 150 GBP

But I feel there must be some lose connection .. Because if I open the laptop with bit force then the back light comes for few seconds.

I thank you for your response.

joy
joy

Re: Display /back light not working all the time. M105-S3041

hi - i am having the same problem on the portege R500.  I can get display on a monitor that i attach to the laptop.

When i press the backlight button i will get a brief normal screen which will then go dark and i can only see with additional light on it (data still there, screen just dark).

I can;t locate the toshiba support back on the pc support page.  backlight.exe not assisting either.

Any ideas???

Joy

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Joy you need to create your own thread for this since you have an entirely different laptop than the original poster.  We have been getting complaints about people piggybacking like that with unrelated problems or systems. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

joy
joy

oh sorry about that

thanks and will do.