Steve77

Display Adapter for Qosmio X770

There are two display adapters listed in my device manager tree for my laptop.

Intel(R) HD graphics family and

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560M.

When I run DxDIAG it shows my laptop running the Intel display adapter when it should be running on the NVIDIA display adapter.

How do I get my laptop to default to the better NVIDIA GeForce GTX560X display adapter instead of the Intel display adapter?

Peter

Re: Display Adapter for Qosmio X770

What's your full model number? "X770" is only partial.

- Peter
Steve77

Where would I find that information? Is it on my laptop or do I need to pull out my paperwork?
Steve77

Qosmio X770-BT5G24

Peter

That model has NVIDIA Optimus technology that automatically switches graphics between the two. I don't believe there's a way to force a switch. However, when additional graphics processing is needed, it will switch.

- Peter
Steve77

I am still having an Issue getting the game Star Wars - the old republic to run. The game was running fine till about three weeks ago. I am still trying to identify what the problem is. I have have been talking with Bioware's tech support and they suggested that I update my video drivers to the latest version. I have downloaded 296.10 directly from the NVidia website but when I try to install the drivers I get the error message

"The graphics driver could not find any compatible hardware"

Peter

Did you change anything around the time the issue arose?

Can you describe the issue you're having in TOR now?

The video card in your laptop is altered to function with the hardware in this model. This means that normal drivers supplied by nVidia aren't compatible. The latest driver for your model is the following:

nVidia Display Driver(v268.85; 08-11-2011; 182.8M)

- Peter
Steve77

Yes my video drivers were upgraded by windows update. I will try uninstalling the new drivers and reinstalling the original video drivers.
Steve77

I am still having issues with my system not being able to run high end graphic games.

What is the procedure to reset my computer to the original factory settings?

Please help.

Frustrated.

Steve

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Steve, see your User's Guide starting on page 62.

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
Steve77

Thanks. Time to back-up my files.

Hope this works.

Steve