gerardvermillio

DIRECTV2PC graphics card problem does not support screen capture protection

Hello,

I hope there is someone out there that is able to help me with this situation.  I recently downloaded an application from Directv to allow me to view my HD DVR (plugged into my network) over any internet connection remotely.  I have decided to give my older Toshiba Satellite A105-S4334 to my 4 year old son to learn/play and watch his prerecorded shows from the DVR.  The application is installed and working properly except one problem, when I go to play any video from the playlist it tells me the following:

cannot display video because your graphics card does not support screen capture protection for protected content. 

I currently have an Intel 945 Chipset integrated GPU.  I have contacted Intel, they were a big disappointment no help just told me to talk to Toshiba. They did not want to deal with me.  I then contacted Toshiba, the young lady from India (no big surprise there) whom I can hardly hear and barely understand - was kind enough and try to help me however she was not able to find within her database a solution for me due to my recent upgrade to Windows 7.  I believe she also did not have the technical savvy to correct my problem.  I know the application works on my other and newer laptop, however I can not afford in this economy for him to accidentally harm the laptop, since the equipment is important to my livelihood.  I thank anyhow that is able to help me and my son in the above solution. 

Respectfully,

Gerard

Super Advisor
brad

Re: DIRECTV2PC graphics card problem does not support screen capture protection

Have you tried asking at the DTV support forum?  Someone there might have more experience with the error.

http://forums.directv.com/pe/action/forums/displayrootposts?msgBoardID=10456240