Occasional Contributor
Darkchild101

Cracked screen. Are Satellite screens interchangable

I have got a Satellite L30 - 101 with screen thats cracked and was wondering can a screen from another model in the satelite series fit onto my laptop as a replacement. If not wwhat other models screens can fit on my model

Thanks

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: Cracked screen. Are Satellite screens interchangable

Yours is a European, probably UK model:

Satellite L30-101 Specifications

Satellite L30-101 Downloads

L30-101 Replacement Display

No sure in the UK, but in the USA you should be able to find one of these screens for under $100US. You may want to enquire for options on:

Toshiba European Forum

Good luck.

Mike

Occasional Contributor
Darkchild101

Thanks Mike. From your info you kindly provided the L30 uses a 15.4 screen. My question is would similar size screens from other satellite models like the Toshiba M30 and others which also uses the 15.4 screen do?

Thanks

Super Advisor
miker643

I don't know for sure, but I'd think any of the 15.4" WXGA 1280 X 800 TFT 1CCFL displays with same connectors and other dimensions would probably work. Probably any displays compatible with these part numbers.

Mike

muto

[ Edited ]

there are lots of interchangable screens, but not all are interchangable.

i am not sure about your model but i just went through this with a a215 that has a 15.4" wxga (1280x800) screen.

*generally* if the screen size and resolution are the same as your original lcd then a replacement from another manufacturer will work.  but there are exceptions like sony and macs that vary from the industry standards.

the a215 has a 15.4" screen with wxga (1280x800) and a 30 pin data cable connector and a 2 pin inverter connector for its single ccfl lamp.  it also has a glossy finish.  i could have put in any number of screens of the same size and resolution.   glossy vs matte would have made no difference on compatibility, only appearance.  computer brands such as toshiba, dell, hp, ibm, acer, etc used the screens made by either samsung, lg, chi mei, quantu, au optronics, chunchwa, and others that are less popular.  i trolled ebay for a cheap replacement and found many sellers wanting $100 for a new one, many wanting about $55 for a used one, and many auctions that would end anywhere between $30-50.  Clearly a premium is being paid for the glossy ones so if you don't care about glossy vs matte then you can save and get a matte one.

I had two lame sellers that each back out of the auctions that i won and had paid for, presumably becuase they are dishonorable sellers that did not like the price the auction ended at (as they happily relisted the items for sale again).  They were ebay sellers "lrw.store" and "montana4me" both of who i suggest that you avoid.  if your model has a 15.4" wxga type display then look for my other forum posting (link below) where i mentioned the list of compaible parts from various screen manufacturers.  and if your display is really ruined then why not pull it out of the system to get the details of exactly what part it is and who made it to build your confidence that you are buying the correct replacement part as well as that you are able to get it out of there.  good luck.

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Video-Display/Replacement-LCD-Part-Number-for-A215-S7413/td-p/178472