PGTweed

Connecting to a TV with a VGA to RCA adapter cable

I purchased aVGA to RCA adapter cable to connect my Toshiba Laptop L505D-S5983 Windows 7 Home edition to my TV that has RCA Input and Output connectors. I tried all the FN +F5 and the various Windows +P and I still get a black and white fuzzy to snowing picture on the TV screen. My video card is an ATI Radeon 4100. What are possible solutions?

utvolfan

Re: Connecting to a TV with a VGA to RCA adapter cable

I have an A505-S6005 and bought a 3m VGA cable. Connected to my 46" Samsung HDTV. Switched the TV to that input and it worked fine. My A505 uses FN + F5 to switch between video modes. There are about seven or more selections. I use my big screen for a RC Flight simulator screen. Running Win7 Home Edition.

How low did you drop your resolution. Using compositve RCA inputs is about as low a resolution the PC goes. 640X480. High Def looks like crap thru AV cables. Your better off getting a video box that excepts VGA input and modulates it to a VHF channel three output. Some new flat screens like mine have a VGA computer input so one can use a large screen with thier computer.

-=robert=- 

PGTweed

Re: Connecting to a TV with a VGA to RCA adapter cable

I lowered resolution to 640X480. All I get is a b&W split screen of an internet page. I don't want to get a converter box but it looks like I will have to get one.