ericdavis81

Connecting a Satellite L505 to a Vizio HDTV

I am attempting to link my laptop to my TV but am having an issue. I am using a Belkin VGA Audio Video Cable and it works fine for about 2-5 minutes but then my laptop screen goes to a black screen then comes back on, then black then back on. It seems to cycle this every few minutes. Every time the laptop goes black, the TV goes to a blue screen and written on it's screen is "No RGB Connection". I have turned off sleep, hibernation and screen saver options. I have updated my drivers.  What can I do to stop this?

Laptop - Satellite L505, OS - Win 7, Graphics - AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200    
Television - Vizio VW42-L

Cable - Belkin VGA Audio Video Cable   

eric

Occasional Contributor
BKSeoul

Re: Connecting a Satellite L505 to a Vizio HDTV

A couple of things to try and report back:

1) Double check your screen resolutions that the laptop can handle and output to as well as what the TV can handle and make sure you are not using something outside of spec.

2) Check the pins in your VGA cable that none are damaged or bent.  Additionally, check the ports in the notebook  and the TV for any damage and consider using some compressed air to clean any dust or debris that may be hindering proper contact.

3) Finally, verify that the cable is securely connected in both ports.  You may also consider using a different cable as well to check if the cable itself is damaged or having an issue.