ceceD

Computer screen went completely black after plugging in HDMI cable

Computer screen went completely black after plugging in HDMI cable from my Samsung TV to my Toshiba computer.

My toshiba computer screen goes totally black and no power of any sort after I plugged in my HDMI cable while the computer was still on. I tried to take in and out my battery after this happened, yet, still no sign of any power. What happened to my computer? Need help please, thanks a lot.

Peter

Re: Computer screen went completely black after plugging in HDMI cable

Just to be clear, when the screen went back, as far as you know the computer turned completely off at that point?

If you unplug it from everything (including the HDMI) and try to power it on again, it still won't turn on?

Turn off your laptop, unplug all wires, remove the battery, and hold the power button for thirty seconds. Afterwards, reattach the battery and connections. If it still won't start, remove the battery and start with just the AC power. Next try without the AC power and just the battery. Also, check that the RAM is inserted securely. Instructions can be found in your user's guide if you need.

- Peter