xdabearz

Cannot get rid of toshiba toolbar

I just purchased my laptop a few days ago and it comes with a toolbar either on the top of the screen or the left had side (its random each time i log in) and has options such as settings, face recognition, and vide/audi. I can't find anhywhere to uninstall it or make it go away. It doesn't even tell me a name of the toolbar anywhere and because it handles so many features, i cant figure out what to uninstall to get rid of it. I have a Sattelite A505. Please someone help me get rid of this, its a major invconvenience when i go to close out a tab and it just pops up from hovering on the edge of the screen

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

Re: Cannot get rid of toshiba toolbar

that should be the webcam utility.

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

As Civicman says, that's probably the Camera Assistant Software's control bar. Try turning if off this way.

Open the System Configuration utility (msconfig.exe). On the Startup tab, look for something like Camera Assistant. Or perhaps it's the program Traybar.exe. Uncheck the corresponding check box and reboot.

If you want to discuss this further, tell us which Satellite A505 and which Windows we're dealing with.

-Jerry
xdabearz

thanks for the help, it was the webcam utility

i posted that at work and couldn't check the model, but i found it on my own. I feel kind of dumb for not guessing it was the webcam utility, but thanks for the help :smileyhappy:

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

not a problem, that is why we are here

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.