Occasional Organizer
walkbyfaith
Accepted Solution

Can't find my buit in webcam anymore

Hi,

I have a Satellite A205-S4617.....I have a built in webcam but can no long find it. I can get it to work through Skype and MSN's IM but I can't open it up to make my own videos anymore. And I can't see it listed on the programs. Where is it? OR what's it called so I can try to type that in.

I am trying to made a video for a class assignment and of course I can't find my web cam now!! ahhhh.

Occasional Advisor
kuya_yaku

Re: Can't find my buit in webcam anymore

[ Edited ]

The software is called Camera Assistant. If you're still using Vista, click Start and type in camera in the Start Search box. On top of list, under programs, look for Camera Assistant and click it. Normally a menu will show on the side of your screen. Sometimes you will see a white camera icon on your taskbar near the digital clock on the lower right hand corner of your screen.

If you accidentally uninstalled it, you can download the compatible Camera Utility from www.support.toshiba.com. Click HERE if you want to download the utility directly.

Message Edited by kuya_yaku on 12-08-2008 03:13 PM
Occasional Organizer
walkbyfaith

Oh Super! IT must have gotten uninstalled when I had to get a new hardrive. Thanks soo much for the links and help!!! :smileyhappy: 
Occasional Advisor
kuya_yaku

You're welcome!