thebluewriter

Can't control screen brightness on Toshiba l650-11f

Hello

I have a problem with screen brightness in Toshiba l650-11f running windows 7

I can't adjust screen brightness either from FN key or battery power control and it always on high brightness .

I try to reinstall graphic card driver and FN hot-keys driver but the problem is still here.

Even I reinstall the windows from the backup the problem gone for a while after that it comes again.

My graphic card in ATI 5650. 

thebluewriter

Re: Can't control screen brightness on Toshiba l650-11f

Any help please because I can't use the laptop at night the screen brightness is too high and its hurt my eyes and I can't lower it.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite L650-11F 

I reinstall the windows from the backup the problem gone for a while after that it comes again.

Perhaps you have installed something that makes a difference. I would restore it again and check after each installation.

If the problem persists after you restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media and before you install anything, then it can't be fixed by software. In that case, it's due to a hardware or BIOS malfunction.

-Jerry
rslong

Check to see that you have the latest BIOS Revision, brightness control was fixed with revision on some models