Occasional Contributor
Hulk701

Can't Connect My Laptop Display To My TV

[ Edited ]

<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:smileyfrustrated:ection1;} -->

I have a Toshiba laptop Satellite L305 PSLB8U-027025

I have been trying to connect my computer to my analog TV so I can watch on the larger screen. The laptop external vga outlet that I can use to connect to another device such as a tv set. I have connector. Its a vga 15 pin to RCA. It fits perfectly but I can't get a picture on my TV. Its a
gray screen with lots of horizontal and vertical dots and dashes all over it.

I have sound by connecting the pc earphone connector to the TV. It comes through fine. For video I am connecting yellow to yellow. I'm using an analog TV.
My TV is a big screen and has svideo, rca and sound jacks front and back, circa 1993. However I have tried it on a TV that's only 3 years old and still no joy.

I'm thinking I need to download the right drivers. However I don't know what to look for.

If its not a case of drivers what kind of adapter do I need? Can you provide a link? I'm using VISTA sp2 on my pc and my output on my laptop monitor is digital.

Also, I lowered the resolution to 600 x 800 but no joy.