cbcklw

Can't Adjust Screen Brightness - Satellite L355-S7915

Hi, I have a satellite that came with windows vista and I upgraded it to win 7 professional about 2 years ago. Since I have not been able to adjust the screen brightness using the hotkeys. Any tips and suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: Can't Adjust Screen Brightness - Satellite L355-S7915

[ Edited ]

You don't say if you are running Win 7 Prof, 32bit or 64bit edition. Download the appropriate file and double click to install it, reboot after installation.

Toshiba Value Added Package for Windows Vista/7 (32)

Toshiba Value Added Package for Windows Vista/7 (64)

Then, if the 'Flash Cards' - or 'Hot Keys', as described starting on page 182 of your Satellite L350 Series User’s Guide, don't appear at the top of the screen when you hit the 'Fn' key, then click the 'Start' button and type the word flash in the search field. In the programs that appear at the top, you should see 'Restart Flash Cards' and 'Settings for Flash Cards'. First, click on 'Restart Flash Cards', then again click on 'Start' and type in the word flash in the search field. This time click on 'Settings for Flash Cards', and make sure there is NOT a check mark on 'Disable all function keys', click 'Apply' and 'OK'.  Then try the Function keys/Flash cards again.

Please let us know what happens.

Mike

cbcklw

I am running 32 and I downloaded and installed. Following your steps afterwards. Unfortunately they still do not work.

Super Advisor
miker643

Hi, I have a satellite that came with windows vista and I upgraded it to win 7 professional about 2 years ago. Since I have not been able to adjust the screen brightness using the hotkeys. Any tips and suggestions is greatly appreciated.

When you 'upgarded' to Win7, if you did 'clean' or custom install, as opposed to an in place upgrade of your Vista installation, you should have followed these directions and used this utility.

How to Custom Install Windows 7 and add Toshiba-provided drivers & utilities with the Toshiba Softwa...

Toshiba Software Installer for Windows 7

In that case, and regardless, try running the above software installer and see if that fixes your problem.

Mike