JD711

Blank screen with power on.

Hello I have a Toshiba Satellite X205-S7483 with Windows Vista Home Premium and the problem just happend recently. I turned the computer on, the power indicator is on, the wireless indicator is on, hardrive is working but the display stays blank as if there is no power. After a couple seconds from turning it on I get three beeps, one long and then two short beeps. After that the computer stays on but with no display.

Sniper128

Re: Blank screen with power on.

having the same problems....have you gotten a solution as of yet????  I was told it could be the INVERTER.... 

franky1

same problem with my laptop...however i do see very very very faint images on my screen...hooked up to an external monitor and it works fine (very very faint images still on laptop)...

Ralph33

Hi,

Search ScarlettPhyre's posting regarding black screen (sorry, don't know how to post a link).  I have Satellite Pro L300.   I bought it last September and black screen started happening around early December.  Just like many others, I had to turn the power off and reboot and hoping that it will start normal, i.e. not with black screen.  I happened to slam the cover out of frustration one day due to constant black screen, right during start-up or when desktop  screen appears.  I opened the screen to turn the power off and what do you know... screen is no longer black.  My problem is with the latch cover.  Apparently, ScarlettPhyre has already posted this "solution" back in February but I happened to find this out for myself just about 4 weeks ago.  Yeah, too good to be true but it works for me.  Take note though that it takes several openings and closings of the lid cover before screen "stays on".  Sometimes, it just takes one time opening of the lid but other times, process could take about 4x.  My close lid setting (power setting) is "do nothing".  I did not install any new bios.

Kaval41

[ Edited ]

I read that but it did not help me at all. I mean my laptop (which is a satellite A135-S4527) was working last night n this morning i woke up wanted to check the weather n i couldnt see the screen like it was off but the power was on so i waited like 10 minutes before turning it off n then back on but it didnt work so i was wondering could there be / are there any other fixes to this problem ?? Email me @ shadowknight41593@gmail.com or reply here ..... Thanks

casak

Normaly this is caused by the video cable not being properly inserted into the display.  If you remove the frame around the display you should see a ribbon cable.  Make sure it is properly and fully inserted into the connector.  I do not know how a Toshiba comes apart but I have fixed several Dell laptops with the same problem.

Kaval41

[ Edited ]

i thought it might be something like that so ill try it n get back to you Thanks =D

Uh if i hook up my laptop to a projecter the screen should be projected on the wall right?

Because i just tried n it didnt work....

trizzi

I had the same problem with my a205 4577, turned out to be a bad memory siot. the top slot went bad, I removed the memory from that slot and it worked ok after that, I tried a known good memory stick in the slot incase it was the stick that was bad, but it would not work with any memory stick, works fine with just the bottom slot populated. but that limits me to 2gig now instead of 4 gig

my toshiba is only 2 years old. this should not have happened.

Kaval41

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the info yea i bought mine in November of 2007 it hasnt even been two years for me n its already done this once before to me..

cjLaptop

Of all the repilies I read, the memory going bad seems to be the most likely but I want to know about the 3 beeps!

Is the one long beep with two short ones an error code for bad memory? I don't know why it's so hard to find this info in tech support....

Thanks

jerwin

:smileymad:Same problem but with model 305.  I can see the backlight - it is working.  Had a geek friend look at it and he concluded the ATI high res driver is not working - we downloaded a new one - no change.  Had to finally give up and bring it up on the old standard VGA driver which is really pretty sad after working with high definition. 

Thus far, no other answers other than to live with it.  This guy is pretty sharp and his only other option was to dump the disk and reload from scratch - there goes another 24 hour workday

mobilln2

try starting in safe mode

cjLaptop

Have you tried the CrisisRecoveyDisk yet?

Do a search for WinCrisis.exe, CrisisDisk, etc..

Make sure you have time and patience. I have two days and 30 bucks invested so far with little success...

The success being that I managed to get laptop in crisis mode and what appears like a USB floppy trying to boot...

The trick is to continuously hold the keys Fn and B down while plugging in power and then hitting power-up button. Then while continuing to hold the Fn-B release power-up button and wait till USB-Floppy begins to read before releasing the keys.

Below is the post the got me this far...

"Anyways, I got the notebook working again! It only worked after I got PHLASH16 version 1.6.5.4 to actually read from the floppy. So it's only a matter of getting the right version to work with your PC.

For anyone interested, I attached the version that worked with me to this post. Just extract the zip file, copy the latest version of your PC's BIOS and rename it to BIOS.WPH, and run WINCRIS.EXE to create a Minidos floppy.

CRISDISK.zip ( 189.73K )

I hope this helps "

roymarth989

same thing happened to me. all i did was disconnect the power cord and take out the batery. then hold down power forr 25 sec. then put the batery back in and reconnect the power cord. then turn on your computer. it should work.

bmacavanza

same case with my laptop. disconnecting tthe power and battery, then holding the power.  does not work. i have been doing that for 3 days now.

Kaval41

Just found out that my motherboard went out again ...... didnt even have this laptop for two years n twice now the motherboard when out =/:smileymad:

Sniper128

I have the same problem with mine and I was just told its the inverter...... I contacted Toshiba and they will not acknowledge there is an issue with the black screen....I even told them to read their own message boards and they still will not admit there is a problem with THEIR computers....

My 9 yr old son has a SONY and never has an issue....I just bought a HP and will NEVER purchase a Toshiba again.  I have been in Best Buy several times and will continue to steer people away from Toshiba computers.... their customer service department is horrible......

JD711

Finaly got my comp in the shop and they said it was the VTA/VGA Board couldnt really understand him, graphics none the less. 316$ bucks v,v

shri

hi,

i've similar problem with my p25-s607.  memory is fine, hd is okay too, so i do not know what is the problem, hope somebody will be able to help.

shri

Fogaca-Brasil

[ Edited ]

I have a Toshiba Satellite A205-S4629 that will seemingly randomly go to a black screen when it´s running by battery and when I reboot, the screen comes back on. Hope somebody will be able to help.