oIR33

Black Screen and white vertical lines

This Portege T210 has less than 2hours use. After developing a problem with half the screen disappearing into a multi-colored patterned haze, the right half of the screen is now black with 3 vertical white lines.

Does anyone know what's wrong with this machine? (It runs the latest update of Win7 and is now totally unusable).

Is there any way to fix it? I need to use take it travelling with me in a week.

Occasional Contributor
ShadowFalls

Re: Black Screen and white vertical lines

Can you see if it can output video to a monitor or a TV? It seems like the screen itself isn't working or was damaged. But it could be more than that. If it displays perfectly fine to a monitor or a TV via VGA for example, that means it is a likely problem with the screen or the cable to it.

oIR33

Re: Black Screen and white vertical lines

Thx for the reply. Unfortunately, I have no way of plugging it into a larger screen as suggested. The machine has no functinality atm in that it doesnt load its programs in the one half of the screen (left) that seems normal. I think it must be a hardware issue but since I bought it duty free a couple of years ago and there's no warranty, I guess I've wasted my money unless a new graphics card or something like that can fix it.