Scotts08xb

Ati radeon express 200m

I have a laptop with this ati 200m series card in it. all drivers installed driver is dated as 3/21/2006. the specs are

DAC type: Internal DAC(400mghz)

Memory Siza: 256Mb

Adapter String: ATI Radeon Express 200m series

I run microsoft flight simulator 2004 it requires

Pentium 450MHz; Windows 2K or XP; 128mb RAM; (Win98: 64mb RAM) 1.8 GB drive space; 1.8GB drive; DirectX 9 or later (included with Microsoft Flight Simulator: A Century of Flight) Video card: 8 MB/3D with DirectX 7.0 or later drivers

here is what i have

Intel celeron 1.6 ghz cpu,

ati radeon express 200m integrated 256mb card

2 bg ram 80 gb harddrive

but my graphics are jumpy i have to turn the graphics down, i dont understand why. plus my UMA frame buffer has three settings 64 mb 128mb and 256 mb. when i try to set it on 256 or 128 i click apply and it wont take the setting, why???

Scott

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Ati radeon express 200m

What model of Laptop?  Without that we are blind here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

Scotts08xb

Laptop is a toshiba A105-2236

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Have you tried updating to the latest ATI Graphics Driver available on the Toshiba Support Site?  It's dated 12/21/2006.  See the Proguct Support Link at the top of this page.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

Scotts08xb

The only one i found is a download thats dated 5/31/2006. is this file your taling about for windows xp.  the vista one is dated in 2007. I downloaded the one for 5/31/2006  for windows xp and it tells me INF error, video card not found, but thats the card I have on this laptop, I dont get it, the previous driver installed just fine.

Scott

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

That's for Vista.  Toshiba doesn't supply an XP driver for that system.  Are you attempting to use a driver directly from ATI?  If so, you'll need to contact them about it.

Scotts08xb

Ill have to contact ATI and see what they tell me. hopefully good news.  i did however install that windows vista driver. now I can set my graphics to the 256mb setting, weird. but my simulator runs alot smoother.

Scott