micheleemariee

A305 S6898 Web Cam is either disabled or has failed. Please check your web cam settings.

Everytime I access the camera assistant software I receive this message. I tried to unistall the program but I get another message to insert a disk. I don't have that.  I've read some other resolutions in some of the forums but they don't pertain to me since I never downloaded windows 7 yet. I want to fix this first. Thanks for any help.

micheleemariee

Re: A305 S6898 Web Cam is either disabled or has failed. Please check your web cam settings.

I also want to say that in order for me to open the camera assist, I have to close my laptop lid. There might be a wiring problem. But even when I click on settings or try to open the camera, I still get the same message as above

BSB
BSB

Re: A305 S6898 Web Cam is either disabled or has failed. Please check your web cam settings.

I am having a similar issue.  I have a Satellite A305-S6898 and recently did a clean install of Windows 7 64-bit (from Vista).  Originally, it wiped out my camera driver.  I think I have back the Vista version of the Camera Assist for the Chicony 2.0 USB, but it is giving me the same message as above.  I have scoured the internet for a driver compatible for Windows 7 64-bit and my computer model, and have had no luck.  Does someone have a link they can share?

Thanks!