srvrocked

A pink full line across bottom of screen. Help

[ Edited ]

I bought a C655 laptop about 1 month ago.  I was online and all of sudden a pink shaded area appeared at the bottom of my screen approx. 1 1/2" tall with white bar code like lines running to the top of the pink line/area.  When i start up a icon appears in the bottom left of the screen inside the shaded pink area. It says "insyde H2 bios". Does anyone know how to get rid of this if its a virus or is it a toshiba screen problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. My model number is C655-S5512.  I have had this toshiba laptop for a lil over a month and this is happening. Hmm

lildonna

Re: A pink full line across bottom of screen. Help

The same thing has happened to mine.. Have you gotten yours fixed, and can you help me out.

srvrocked

I havent gotten it fixed yet, I searched the web and havent really found anything that address's my problem.  Maybe im not looking in the right places.  Anyhow, I guess I may take it to best buy and see what they say.  A quick fix hopefully.    

srvrocked

Yesterday I talked to a toshiba support dude and he went thru a few steps to try and centralize where the horizontal line malfunction was. I turned the computer off unpluged the cord took the battery out then held the power button down for 10 seconds. Put the batttery back in started it up as it started up he directed me to hit the F2 key while it was starting up, to get to the bios menu. Then hit F9 and clicked on accept, Then hit F10 and clicked accept. So by doing that told him my monitor is malfunctioning not the bios. Went into how the warranty doesnt cover somethings and gave me a number to Toshiba Repair Services. I purchased the computer on March 04, 2012 so my warranty is still good. Guess I will see how this goes.