Cyberpunk

Won't Turn On

I have a 46WX800U 46 inch 3D TV I purchased from Amazon.com Dec 25th 2010 that has been great the past 10 months I've had it.  Today it just turned off by itself and won't turn back on.  As if no power from the plug.  Anyone have any ideas what happened?

techNOlogical

Re: Won't Turn On

Our Toshiba LCD went out last night around the same time....hmmm....it was purchased 8/10/10. Like you said, great for about a year, and then, BAM....nothing. I called the 800 number and the guy said probably the "power board"???? Not sure, but you'd think an expensive TV like this would work longer!! I trusted the TOSHIBA name, so hopefully we can get it fixed reasonably.

techNOlogical

Yours should still be  under warranty,, unlike mine. :smileysad:

Cyberpunk

They called me and said they ordered a "Power Board" for it and as soon as it gets in they will call to make an appointment to come to my house and fix it.  That's nice, but how did they know what part to order even before checking it out?  I'm assuming its a common problem with it and they know it already.  Mine is under warranty but shouldn't cost too much even if not under warranty.