ajogg

Wii showing black & grey picture after hooking up to 32DT2U LCD TV. Suggestions?

I did as someone else suggested and hook up the red & white audio ports, and then hook the yellow cord to the top of the other side of 3 ports. The picture shows up, but there is no color. Do I need to buy a different set of component cords?

Marisel

Re: Wii showing black & grey picture after hooking up to 32DT2U LCD TV. Suggestions?

Were you able to resolve the black and white picture? I amin the same situation and the picture doesn't look as clear as before?  If you were able to fix it what did you do? Does it need an adapter?

maudgalyan

Re: Wii showing black & grey picture after hooking up to 32DT2U LCD TV. Suggestions?

I had problems with the color and brightness on my Wii as well when I was using a composite cable.

I bought this cheap component cable and everything looks great now:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000M4KIME/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

boy_tamad

are you still having this black and white picture problem?

scantie1

i am having the same problem, my plugs, red, white and yellow are still giving e the picture set to colorstream but the [icture is in black ad white? what do i do? its a shame i have this beautiful tv and cannot play games with my grandson because its in black and white

Peter

If you are using the red, white, and yellow cables, you should not be using colorstream. Change the video input setting from colorstream to video. 

- Peter
PjInOhio

24L4200U No Color with Composite Connection - - - Until I found the Answer Here...

[ Edited ]

Thanks, Peter!  My friend and I were going crazy until I found the answer here, in this forum.  I downloaded the 141-page User Manual and finally found it on page 56, "Setting the A/V Input Mode".  BTW, my friend says he got no manual with this TV, factory-sealed, NIB.  Is this a boo-boo or the norm?

- Pj

Peter

Re: 24L4200U No Color with Composite Connection - - - Until I found the Answer Here...

Glad you figured it out, Pj. It is the normal now. TVs come with quick start guides but the manual is online.

- Peter
thecore

I bought the 50M2U, Im hooking up the WII and  have no color.  I hooked up the Audio Red and White and Video Yellow. I have no color. I went in  to the Menu to change the setting to AV in but this TV has no AV input. It only has ColorStream HD or HDMI 1 & 2. I appreciate your feedback!

Peter

You're looking at the input menu, thecore. It shows ColorStream HD because you haven't yet switched the mode. Press the MENU button and then go to the third tab. It should say "Preferences" at the top. Go down to "AV Input" and switch "ColorStream HD" to "Video."

You can take a look at the picture of the menu on page 58 of the user's guide. The instructions on that page are NOT discussing this issue, but the picture does show the menu.

- Peter
thecore

It's working! Thank you!