Deanster

White Spots On My 65" TV ????????????????

Anybody got any ideas what these white spots are? I've had this 65" TV for about 4 years and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Unfortunately, it's been a major pain in the A** as I've replaced the bulb in it about 4 times now. Most recently just a few weeks ago. I think I got a lemon when I bought this but BEST BUY was not much help. 

Anyway, about 4 days ago I saw a little white dot. Then a few hours later...I saw another one. It's 4 days later and now I'm up to about 11 dots - and it's increasing every day.

This is a Toshiba 65" DLP, model # 65HM167

I'm hoping that this is a user/fixable situation because I'm not sure that I want to spend one more dollar on this TV. It's been nothing but a headache ever since I brought it home. Now, 4 years later...it's still giving me headaches :smileysad:

Anybody had experience with these white dots before???

punktileus

Re: White Spots On My 65" TV ????????????????

punktileus

P.S.

The "Attachments" are larger.

punktileus

The dots started appearing in December 2011
Johnnyonesocks

Yeah I was getting the same problem, turns out it was the DLP chip and once it goes bad, THERE IS NO TURNING BACK so to speak. So you'll have to replace it and all that jazz, fortunately there's a ton of tutorials if you don't want to spend 200+ on getting a tech alone and the part is pretty cheap. (Cheapest I could find at least) http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-mitsubishi-toshiba-4719-001997-dlp-chip.htm?utm_source=csr&utm_medi... Retech also had them for about 188. 

I actually had to replace the DMD or formatter board, whatever it's called as well to completely fix the TV which was only like 15 bucks (luckily). Hope this helps!

mjstelly582

I also have this brand Toshiba 65" DLP, model # 65HM167 and have a lot of white dots! Any help from toshiba?