lkay54
Accepted Solution

Uverse TV- Closed caption on every time we power up. Can CC be permanently disabled?

Sorry if this is a duplicate post - I type it once and now don't see it after having to register an account with Toshiba.

I have a Toshiba Regza - no problem when we were with Time Warner Cable.  We just switched to ATT Uverse and the Closed captioning is in a permanent on position whenver we turn the TV on.  The settings on the uverse are in the off position. 

The only way to turn off the CC is to use the tv remote, which we haven't used for several years.  The cable supplied remote control did everything. 

ATT says the problem is on the Toshiba end and not ATT.  Which makes no sense to me since we didn't have this problem before they did the installation. But that is their answer so we are left looking for a different solution to this problem.

Is there a way to permanently turnoff the CC option on our Toshiba?  We turn it off using the TV remote but every time we turn the tv back on, the CC is back.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

lkay54

Re: Uverse TV- Closed caption on every time we power up. Can CC be permanently disabled?

ATT tech on the 2nd tier figured out the problem with a setting on the dvr box and the closed caption disappeared.  I knew it wasn't a toshiba problem but something created by AT&T.    My problem is solved.

joelsavitch

Re: Uverse TV- Closed caption on every time we power up. Can CC be permanently disabled?

We have the opposite problem.  We are hearing impaired and are unable to turn the CC "ON".  Unfortunately this web site does not help and calling Toshiba is a TOTAL waste...all they kept saying was that they will help me if I give them $35!!!  Very annoying.....very passive aggressive sales person....I will not buy Toshiba again...