3dx
3dx

Unsupported Video Signal

Have a 47TL515 3D tv.  Plugged in a VHS player and it shows the picture fine, but there is an error message on the bottom in a big grey box that reads "Unsupported Video Signal".  How do I get rid of the box?  It won't go away.

bcoulam

Re: Unsupported Video Signal

I have the exact same problem, and so do a number of other users on this forum, none of whom have received answers. Can anyone at Toshiba help?

42TL515U I hook up a Panasonic VCR (older, so my only option was RCA outputs, red, white and yellow) to the Video 2 inputs. It starts great, then in 10 to 15 seconds the screen goes darker, and an "Unsupported Video Signal" box pops up at the same time. Hitting a few buttons on the remote (like Info and Menu and Pic Size) removes the "Unsupported Video Signal" box and brightens the display again, but only for another 15 seconds.

Would really like to remove the box, can anyone out there help?

Firelight

I also have the same problem with my Panasonic 3D blu ray player.  When I play a 3D movie, I get the box with the "unsupported video signal".  Sometimes it goes away, sometimes it doesn't and you have to restart everything.

I hope Toshiba addresses this issue.  It's very annoying.

bcoulam

So is this forum to post our issues with new Toshiba products? Do Toshiba support employees even monitor or use this site? Or is it just a place for digruntled users to cry on each others shoulders?

I may have found a temporary fix to my problem. Was trying to watch another VHS tape with this annoying "Unsupported Video Signal" box on the screen and decided I couldn't take it anymore. I switched the RCA adapter I had plugged into Video 2 with the adapter plugged into Video 1. Switched input so now I was viewing VHS playback on Video 1. Same problem. Big gray Unsupported Video Signal box still there. So I switched them back, so VHS is now plugged into RCA plug adapter in Video 2 slot. All of a sudden the big gray box is gone! And it stayed that way! Was able to enjoy a whole movie without it coming back. And now, a day later, after shutting everything down last night and turning it back on tonight, the big gray box is still missing. Yay!

Thanks for nothing Toshiba.

Peter

This forum is a peer-support community. I try to help when I can, including pointing community members to available Toshiba resources.

I'm not familiar with this problem, but if you'd like to contact customer support, you can do so by calling (800) 631-3811.

- Peter
ndazone

Ok, so I figured it out.
If you get this error with your VCR turn off the VCR. Then turn it back on with the TV left on. Then press play. The warning and gray screen should not return.
If the VCR is playing prior to you changing the TV input, you will get the message and there is no other way to get it off. Poor design but this is your fix.
William