JackTheMan

Toshiba TV 55SL417U Wireless Internet Connection HELP!

Hi, the name's Jack. I recently bought a new Toshiba HDTV LCD Television Model 55SL417U. I am here seeking for help on a recent problem while connecting to the internet wirelessly. Before I will into detail, I would like to state the brand and model of my router/modem. The router/modem is a (2wire) 2700 HG-E Gateway. I also don't have a Wireless LAN access point, and I'm not sure if I would need it in order to connect my TV to the internet. I am not exactly sure how to explain this, so I would explain the steps and the problem when I try to connect my TV to the internet.

1. Menu

2. Network

3. Network Setup

4. Wireless Setup

5. Assisted Setup

6. After a few moments, it gives me this box filled with Network Name, MAC Address, CH, Signal

7. I then select my router/modem.

8. It then gives me the Network Name (***), Authentication (WPA-PSK), Encryption (TKIP), and Security Key (***)

9. I then enter the Security Key with my remote ( Toshiba CT-90366 )

10. Then I select DONE

11. After a few moments, I received a message stating that my Authentication and Encryption are incorrect. And that I should recheck my network settings.

What puzzles me is why my TV would not connect to the internet. I have double-checked my Authentication and Encyrption and they are both indeed correct. I have even re-checked my Security Key and even made a new one. But to some strange reason, the problem still persists. I have also tried doing the other setups (Easy, Manuel) .. but again no luck ... I am really frustrated at this and any help would be much appreciated in fixing this problem.

JackTheMan

Re: Toshiba TV 55SL417U Wireless Internet Connection HELP!

[ Edited ]

Oh my bad, wrong section.

carlos163

Re:  Wireless access for 46SL417U

Experiencing the same problem reported by JackTheMan with 55SL417U
Also with 2wire DSL modem. Will not recognize Access Point in router.

Have you resolved this issue?

chriswooten57

You have to have a wireless router connected to your main internet modem to be able to connect to your internet. 

I have time warner cable internet modem and have a wireless router hooked to that so that I can connect and stream the internet to my tv.

lionfan

I have TWC modem with wireless router and have the same problem?

barronst

Hi, I'm new to this....but not new to the tech-support or the customer relations dept. I purchased this model in July of 2011 and it has been nothing but trouble. I tried to return it to Best buy but they said to take it up with Toshiba. Original problem was with audio. It would not increase in volume. After talking to tech support three times they finally sent a repair person. He changed the main  board and the audio worked ok for approximately a week. I called back and they sent the same repair person again. This time he replaced the speakers. Still same problem. I called AGAIN! but this time it was because the TV would not turm off either with the remote or the screen button. I had to unplug it from the wall! Tech support was rude and hung up on me. I contacted their customer relations and after a two week run around they agreed to replace the TV. However they didn't have the same model so I would have to choose between a lower cost unit that didn't have any of the features I had or a higher cost unit that I couldn't afford.

Since my last contact with customer relations the wi-fi feature has gone out so I hard wired it and it seem to be working. No matter what I did the wi-fi would not connect. I have called several time to fix these little things but everytime they would tell me to reset the tv and upgrade the software. I've done this to many I've lost count and enough is enough. I've contacted several of my friend in person and now I'm considering letting my facebook friends to be aware about toshiba products and their tech and customer relations dept.

I now warn anybody reading this consider your Toshiba purchase very carefully!

Not happy at all with Toshiba!

SBT

Regular Contributor
Railhound

What kind of router did your internet provider supply you with? To test if it is the problem disconnect your TV from the internet and see if your problems go away. See my posts about this problem. Toshiba TVs appear to have problems working with CISCO DPC3825 series routers. (I suspect there are other CISCO routers that don't work.) Some models (mine is a 42SL417U ) will fail to work if they connect either directly (or indirectly say though an attached router) through this router.

It would be good for Toshiba to  provide a fix for their TVs.

pianoeman2001

I own a Toshiba 55SL417U and I hate this **bleep** TV. The internet used to work fine on this tv then it just stopped working. I have tried to use a different wireless router and I have ran a cat5 cable directly to the tv. No good. I am going to try one more time to run a wire directly to my modem that the cable company provided me, but I will be posting on my FACEBOOK page to everyone I know and the public NOT TO BUY TOSHIBA TV's because they SUCK!

Robert

Regular Contributor
Railhound

What type of cable modem has your provder given you? If you read my posts here you will see some posisble actions to partially correct the issue.

It continues to surprise me that no one from Toshiba is reaching out to the affected people.

BillFaber

My tv worked the first day. Now it will not access the internet and it says that I have a strong connection and that it is connected. Getting assistance from Toshiba has been as difficult as trying to get anything other than that tv to work on this set. I am beyond frustrated with it. I dont understand how it can not communicate back to the router and that it shows that it is on there. It makes no sense what so ever.

GabrielAlpuche

I have a 50L4300u television that connects to the wifi recognizes it, gives you a prompt that an update is available but after 15sec (approx) an error messages comes up