kr0mag
Accepted Solution

The picture on my 55SL417U freezes.

My tv picture is freezing and cycling back on about every 45 minutes or so.  It started this yesterday and it's very annoying.  It only does this when I'm watching the satellite.  I only use one other input on the tv, and it's an HDMI input for my XBox. 

My tv is connected to my Dish 500 Dish Network receiver via RCA jacks, and an XBox 360 slim via HDMI, and I use the optical audio out to my audio receiver.  I'm connected wirelessly to a Cisco WRT54G router, but I only use that for Netflix, not any of the NetTV widgets (I don't use any of those). 

I've checked all of the inputs and outputs as far as being properly connected, and I've checked all of the electrical plugs for proper connections.  I unplugged everything for longer than the suggested 30 seconds, and less than 5 minutes after I turned it all back on it froze/cycled on again. 

The only thing I haven't done is reset the tv through the menu option.  I checked for a system update, but it said the tv was current.  Should I try a USB firmware update if this continues? 

kr0mag

Re: The picture on my 55SL417U freezes.

I meant to say that when the picture freezes, it shuts off and then cycles back on. 

kr0mag

Ok.  Thank you for that generous round of indifference. 

Anyway, I downloaded the firmware upgrade for the Cisco routers and installed it and it seems to be working fine now. 

Soooooo... 

If anyone else ever has this problem, that's what you need to do, since no one else is ever going to bother to tell you. 

quine0gr

A little over a year ago (of course after the 1yr warranty) my wife and I purchased a 55' LED (55TL515U) Toshiba television. At first we were impressed with all of the smart capabilities however recently it has been freezing up to where you cannot change the channel, volume, or any other option besides turning it off and back on. At first I thought it was the remote however I later tried to change the channel through the tv and nothing. Now when I watch Netflix after about 20mins it freezes up and shuts down. Very frustrating.  I have a coax cable running directly to the TV and am also running a Windows Media Center PC through VGA (which has been my saving grace) I also run an ethernet cable directly to the TV for the smart capability.  I have made sure that the software is up to date and have reset as many settings as I know how. I have a feeling it is something worse. So frustrating because we paid a huge ticket price for the television. The message above was talking about the firmware of the router but I do not use a router. I do live in a Resident Hall where I assume there is a router somewhere in the buidling however I have no access to it. I am hoping someone has some advise on this so that I can get it fixed. I did not purchase it through Best Buy but through an electronic store here on campus. I have put in about 10hrs of troubleshooting trying everything I know how. I would appreciate any advise.

tuantran

55SL417U how many click when plug outlet?

My 55" TV (55sl417u) can not power up and i'm trying to troubleshoot it.

Can someone tell me how many times can you hear the sound from the relay clicks right after the power is plugged?  I heard 2 clicks.