TV will not turn on but has a blinking green power light

TV will not turn on but has a blinking green power light

i have a TOSHIBA 32" LCD TV (32AV502R) and it will not turn on.  I have tried using the remote and the power button on the side of the TV.  I unplugged the TV yesterday for most of the day.  Today, i have plugged it back in and the little green light on the front of the TV under the word POWER just flashes.  I am not getting response from the unit.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  Is it time for another TV?

Topics: 70
Kudos: 852
Solutions: 483

Re: TV will not turn on but has a blinking green power light

It sounds like it needs servicing. I'd suggest contacting customer support at (800) 631-3811.

- Peter

MINE is doing that exact thing !!!! I have no idea what is up ...arrgghh sorry couldn't help, i'm looking for help myself

I just in boxes the same tv. Bought it 2 yrs ago, worked well, used in only 6 mnths, now I too have the same issue. No answers. We should note that this TV is built with the Samsung screen LTA320apo1. Thinking there must be a conflict within the power and the screen? Any know how to fix this yet?
TJ3

I've had the same problem, sent the tv back for repair, works Okay for the past 5 months then same problem. Out of warranty

by now. Put it into private TV repairer. He states the cause of this is because the batteries in the remote control were low, causing a fault to develop in the TV set power unit. If that is the case, then as there are NO warnings from Toshiba that this could occur. Product in my opinion not fit for purpose.