HHHLodge

TV Won't turn off by remote but all other functions work, also console buttons inoperative

Hi.  I have a 55SL417 now about 2 months old.  Periodically the power button on the remote just stops working.  Everything else works, I can navigate menus, change volume, channels, web apps, but I can't turn it off.  When this occurs, the buttons - all of them - on the TV itself also go dead and nothing responds.  The TV has an HDMI input from the speaker amp, and an attennae feed, and that's it.  this problem occurs regardless of what we are watching through the amp (blu ray, Wii, etc...) or broadcast. 

All I have found that works is to unplug the TV.  I checked for software updates and they are up to date.  Any ideas what is going on here and is there a better way than to be getting in behind the TV to physically unplug it?

Thank you.

Peter

Re: TV Won't turn off by remote but all other functions work, also console buttons inoperative

Television stops responding to commands from the remote control or keyboard.

Besides pulling the cord, you can (hopefully) hold the power button down on the TV itself. Of course, that doesn't address what's causing it in the first place. You might want to try unplugging all but one device to see if you can narrow down what's causing the problem.

You can also contact customer support at (800) 631-3811.

- Peter