superrio
Accepted Solution

Software & Firmware Upgrade

Yesterday I upgraded my software and firmware for my 55UX600U.  I've been checking all over the website and in the television's "System Information" to see if there are any release notes on what the upgrades where supposed to correct, enhance or add and I couldn't find anything.  I called Toshiba's tech support and was told that both the software and firmware upgrades were to improve internet connectivity and various other network functions.  I also asked the representative if they plan on advertising this information on there website for the customers that want to know.  She was unsure.  I'm going to be sending there customer support an email to address this and I post their response on here.

superrio

Re: Software & Firmware Upgrade

Here is what I received from Customer Service.  I hope it helps everyone.

The firmware for this unit has four main functions. Their is not much detail that we would be able to provide. I have listed each of these functions below:

• Turn on from standby with AC Power Cycles 
  • Improves internet connectivity and various other network functions
  • Adds Discrete IR functionality
  • Firmware can fix other issues not listed above.  It is always best to update your TV to the most recent firmware version.
baddna

I'm embarrassed to say I have a really simple question.  HOW do I upgrade the firmware on my Toshiba regza 40xv645u?

Peter

baddna

Thank you!

I've noted in trying to resolve some closed captioning issues with the TV that I have to really be careful what I test.  For instance, an update of the AppleTV to current now gives closed captioning for most Netflix streaming.  That CC is streamed from the AppleTV to the Toshiba.  The DVD player has its own controls for CC.  And the DirectTV device does, too.   So when CC goes out or disappears, it can be due to many possible sources and the only way I can see to resolve isolating it is to have multiple TVs to test each component.

Insane technology pretzel.  I miss two cans and some string.

Skynrd

Please help me locate the firmware for 37HL17! I need to try and upgrade before I trash it! Can't pay $100 just for a guy to come look at it. 

Brandonshire

I know this is an old thread but I'm hoping to get some help. I have a 40xv645u with firmware from 2009 on it. I note that there is new firmware for the TV but I can't seem to get it to install. I've followed the instructions (http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=919432T01818K1) and tried a few different flash drives (both formatted with FAT16) but after plugging it in while holding menu it never seems to get to the point of having both lights light solidly. I've spent a long time standing there holding down menu but it just never happens.

Any help on this? I'd love to get it fully updated to deal with any possible issues down the line but I just can't seem to get it to update.

jennelliott78

I'm having the same problem and called customer service and they would help me if I paid them $35. I have had such bad experiences with Toshiba support and think it's ridiculous that they can't help when their directions say to call them if the instructions for firmware updates don't work!  Hopefully it's not that big of a deal or someone else can help us out!