rexd

Repair help with DLP 46HM94?

[ Edited ]

I have a Toshiba DLP 46HM94 TV whose picture went out recently.  I ordered a new bulb and installed it tonight.  I did it correctly and closed the door first before powering up. (Yes, I've had to do this before.)  The picture does not come on and after several seconds, it makes an odd short "wind down" noise and the green light blinks five times.  Then the TV powers down and recycles.  After eight cycles, it stops and the red and green lights blink in unison.  All the troubleshooting guides advise me to change the bulb, which I just did.  Any ideas?

[ Admin edit of subject ]

ketchup2me

Re: Repair help with DLP 46HM94?

Hi rexd

I'm taking a shot in the dark here, I don't own one of those tvs, but do have another "light engine" type.  My power supply has failed twice on mine.  Brought it in for repair first time, I fixed it the second time(ceramic resistors opened).  My DLP Toshiba projector has done the same thing, new lamp, but fails to light-lamp starter circuit failure.  If I had to guess, you have a power circuit failure.  It was a less than $200 repair, but a projector can be sent in.  Gonna take a trip to the repair shop or visit.  Hope this helps you.

otterblotter

Did you ever get this problem fixed?? i have the same TV and am having the same problem....I had a guy come out and do something with the quick restart feature under the menu options but  Ican't bring up the menu while the TV is cycling and turning on and off?

Hercules

I am having the exact same problem with my 52HM95 DLP Changed lamp and Ballast ,No help. Stll getting blinking green light And clicking sound like its coming from the power circuit board. I did find another fuse on opposite side of power board, it was blown. changed it and no help.

Heliboy

Same thing with my son's 52HM84. I have replaced the bulb and the ballast but still no video. When the set tries to start, everything sounds normal, fans spin up and all the usual clicks but then there is a short (2 seconds) whirring sound like a fan spinning down and then the set tries to restart again. After several attemps, it finally gives up and starts blinking both red and green lights at 1 second intervals. I'm stumped!!! Hate to just toss this beautiful set but I also hate to keep spending 150 bucks a pop to troubleshoot parts!!

"Hopefully"......someone can give us some insight on this issue.

tbroadland

I have the same problem with my Toshiba DLP.  This may sound stupid but I got it to work by taking bulb cover off and heating the ballast area with a hair dryer on hot for about four minuets.  Believe it or not this works everytime.

desiguy2447

I own the 52hm84 DLP TV, and I replaced the Bulb about two years back.. This morning I got a message on the TV which isn't found in the Manual for replacing the lamp.  The message states: "HD Bulb"  So my question to other owners of the DLP series which is no longer made does this indicate I need a new bulb or is there something else wrong with the TV?

If it not he bulb I am going to get a new TV in two months as to the Xmas deals up coming soon!