MS-222

Netflix Subtitles Function

My 24SL415U has built in Netflix, but no function for turning on subtitles or closed captioning. I called Netflix and was told no Toshiba products have this function; it was recently added to Sony TVs. They said to add it, both Netflix and Toshiba engineers have to upgrade the software and firmware. I bought this TV in large part because of its built in Netflix capability. I would really appreciate this function being added. My mother is a little hard of hearing and the subtitles really make a big difference.

Totechnical

Re: Netflix Subtitles Function

Yes, this is a frustrating thing. I too was wondering why my Toshiba 55" TV did not have Closed Captioning for NetFlix.  After I noticed that I do have it with my Panasonic B21 Blu-ray player, I realized this is a manufacturing thing.  Perhaps one day they'll do a firmware update. - Just another little annoying thing that they don't tell you up front.

dougybug

I would also love to have an upgrade that would allow for subtitles with Netflix.  We purchased the Toshiba 32SL415U for the built in Internet application, to avoid having to purchase another Roku box.  But to our disappointment, we found the Toshiba TV did not handle subtitles for Netflix.  My wife has genetic hearing loss and subtitles are critical for her viewing enjoyment.  Your addition of this feature would be greatly appreciated.

marsu

I need closed captions for netflix also, so I guess I need to but another brand of TV! I will cancel netflix since I can't use it.