CASSINI

NEED REMOTE OR TV CODE TO PROGRAM NEW REMOTE

I NEED A REPLACEMENT REMOTE FOR MY OLD 1991 TOSHIBA TV MODEL # CF3264K, SERIAL # 90644695 OR THE TV CODE NEEDED TO PROGRAM A NEW UNIVERSAL REMOTE. HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP.     CASSINI

Regular Advisor
GordOfTheJungle

Re: NEED REMOTE OR TV CODE TO PROGRAM NEW REMOTE

Most universal remote controls have a code search feature that lets you hit a code sequence over and over again until it finds the correct code sequence for your remote control. I've had good success with my Toshiba TVs doing that. However in your case with a 1991 Toshiba TV, it might be time to get something newer for a couple good reasons. The old TV uses NTSC, which was the older analog format for TV signals. If you want to keep on using the TV, you're going to need one of those digital to analog converter boxes that hook up to your TV's composite video ports. Some of those boxes will hook up to an HDMI port, but you're not going find it on an old 1991 TV. Because changing channels will involve the digital to analog converter, the only reasons for the universal remote will be to turn the TV off and on and change the volume settings. 

The new TVs will be an upgrade in 3 ways. They're already digital so they don't need the converter boxes. They have all of the newer and advanced ports like HDMI, USB, Color Stream and component video. Finally, since there is no CRT, flyback transformer or tubes, they are more power efficient, specially the LED backlit models, than your old TV.