Lea
Lea

Led Television keeps shutting off

I recently purchased a led television model 46Sl417 and for whatever reason it randomly shuts off and turns back on. It's firmly plugged in and nothing else shuts off when it does. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Peter

Re: Led Television keeps shutting off

Try unplugging it from power for a half hour to reset the TV. If the problem persists, contact customer support at (800) 631-3811.

- Peter
Regular Contributor
Railhound

lea Have you connected your TV wirelessly to the internet? If you have, what make and model of router do you have from your internet supplier?
sgtpeppererl

i have a 3d led 55tl515u tv doing the same thing link wireless to a netgear n600 dual b wndrand router model number wndr3400 does the wireless function have to do something with my tv turning off ... it seems like like when i turn off the wireless it acts ok.... at the moment i have cut off power to the tv and hopefully if it all will be good if not whats next
Regular Contributor
Railhound

The firmware  (or hardware) in this TV is defective. I don't know if you have tried to download the latest fix or not.

sgtpeppererl

The tv is update so u think its an hardware issue
Regular Contributor
Railhound

Check the download link here. The TV will not automatically apply the lastest fix as it appears to be optional for certain people. No I think the hardware and/or firmwware has a manufacturer's defect.

johnharak

Re: Led Television keeps shutting off - 55TL515U

Shortly after the one year warranty was over, my 55TL515U froze on the internet and then shut off and would reboot. Then, volume would not work, nor would the channel changer and the power off remote would not shut off the TV either. I have to unplug it to shut it off. Firmware is up to date and I have had the same wireless router (without issues) for two years.  This just started happening and I am not happy and I am obviously not the only one with this issue. VERY disappointed with Toshiba ... A very expensive lesson to learn not to buy their TV's.

Regular Contributor
Railhound

Re: Led Television keeps shutting off - 55TL515U

For whatever reason Toshiba will not fix the issue. I can not use my TV to play music located on my PC. It just stops playing for some inexplicable reason. At least the constant reboot stopped when I changed routers.

The TV doesn't work as advertised.