Scaranek

How to download Smart TV Apps

Hello,

How do I download apps/widgets on my New Smart TV ( L4300). The TV came with limited apps, please advise if you have a solution.
Peter

Re: How to download Smart TV Apps

You can't download additional apps. If a new app is available, Toshiba would provide a firmware update to add it.

- Peter
connie218

Is Amazon Prime one of the apps to download, if not will it be and when?  Thank you!

MSea

I bought Toshiba smart TV because I trust Toshiba products, but their smart Tv truly lacks very important apps like amazon prime and a browser to browse the net. If Toshiba did not include those apps in their next software update for the Tv, I would seriously consider switching to Samsung or LG !

Nick39

I am definitely disappointed in the app selection. I guess that's what I get for assuming that there would be at least a browser and ways to download cool things.

DESTON1113

I agree...I trusted that my first experience with a smart TV would be better than this. I wish I held out for the Sony that was sold out. Can anyone answer from Toshiba if there is anything being done to make our App experience any better?
SNishizaki

My wife just purchased a L3400 today.  The display model at the store had significantly more apps than ours does and she was told by the sales person that it is possible to download apps onto this model.  Were we misled?

Peter

You might want to call customer support about this. New software is added through firmware updates.

- Peter
LauraElliott

Yes,until your warranty runs out.  Then nothing will work.  I have a very strong wifi connection and can enter the WWW through my toshiba at lightening speed, but till the netflix app gets upgraded, we can't watch netflix.  All I can say, XBOX for the win!