hunneman

How do I hook up my wii?

I just purchased a 32C120U and want to hook up my wii but dont understand what connectors need to be used for hook up. I have three connectors on the cable from my wii but there are only 2 receptors on the back of the TV. What's a guy to do?

Peter

Re: How do I hook up my wii?

There should be five ports on the back of the TV that fit that type of wire - green, blue, red, white, and a second red. Component cables (also called ColorStream HD) use three cables for video (green, blue, and red) and two for audio (white and red). Composite video (also simply called Video) is what the Wii uses, and that's one cable for video (yellow) and two for audio (white and red).

There is a way to connect your Wii. Connect the white and red cables to the white and red ports in the bottom left of the jack area. These should be labeled "AUDIO," with the white one labeled "L/MONO" and the red labeled "R." Next, connect the yellow video cable to the green port on the TV.

If you were to try the Wii now, you would probably notice it's only in black and white. That's because you need to tell the TV that you're actually using a composite device and not a component device.

Open the main menu and select the preferences section. This is the third section. Find the setting called "AV Input," and change it from "ColorStream HD" to "Video." Note that I'm not suggesting you change what input you have the TV using currently (by hitting the INPUT button); I'm asking you to let the TV know what it should look for through those ports (a composite device, not a component device).

- Peter
makchelly

hey Peter, 

i just got a wii & i am having trouble hooking it up to my tv.... please help c: 

tv model 32av500u,

t.i.a

Peter

makchelly,

You'll want to connect your Wii to the ports labeled "VIDEO 1 IN" on the TV. Connect the yellow cable to the port labeled "VIDEO," the white cable to the port labeled "L/MONO," and the red cable to the port labeled "R." Sorry for not replying earlier!

- Peter
sarahedward

Peter,

I have a Toshiba 46RF350U and I am trying to hook up my wii to it. How do I do this? I have looked for the AV input and I cannot find that in the preferences.  Can you tell me what I am doing wrong and how do I make it work? Please???

Thank you.

Sarah

Peter

Are you using three cables - red, white, and yellow? Those are composite, and your TV has composite inputs. You don't need to do anything special. Connect the Wii to the three ports labeled "VIDEO-1 IN."

- Peter
jimking

There's got to be a better way than this.  Having to take out cables and put others in, then redo that when I'm done playing - every time?!  That's insane.  I bought this TV to replace a Samsung that fell on the floor.  They were around the same price (allowing for three years) but with the Samsung I was able to have the Wii permanently plugged in, only switching between it and TV by clicking a couple of buttons.  This seems like really bargain basement even for such a bargain basement TV (and it's not exactly the cheapest on the market).

Peter

I'm not sure I understand, jimking. You don't need to change things each time unless you want to unplug the Wii and plug a different device into the TV.

- Peter
Spitfir3x

Re: How do I hook up my wii? RCA 32LB45RQ 32

Hey Peter,

I have a RCA 32LB45RQ 32" tv and the video and sound is out of sync. I was able to get it in color on the AV input. Is there a setting I can change that would help the sync issue?

Thanks!

Peter

Re: How do I hook up my wii? RCA 32LB45RQ 32

I don't know about RCA TVs, Spitfir3x. I work for Toshiba. You may want to contact their support or see if the TV has some sort of "game mode."

- Peter
kaz_tomo

Re: Toshiba 19DV501B - How do I hook up my Wii??

I have a toshiba 19DV501B tv and want to hook up my Wii - there are no visible ports for the red/white/yellow cable that connects the Wii to the tv - how do I do this.

Can you help???

Peter

Re: Toshiba 19DV501B - How do I hook up my Wii??

That doesn't appear to be a US model, so I don't have specific information on it. You may want to try the steps I outlined in my first post or contact Toshiba in your region.

- Peter
muga_nishizawa

Hi,

I've used LCD TV 46SL417U. I'm troubled that I cannot connect between Wii and the TV.

Can anyone tell me what to do?

Thanks,

Muga

javier1

Hi, i purchased a 32w23 tv ser. I watch the wii un black and white. I read previous comments, but i cannot find in the preference menú thevswitch to av-video you mention. Muy preferences menú only offers me the following options: hdmi cec control, teletext, panel lock, auto formar, 4:3 stretch, blues creen, si de panel, div x registration. Thanks un avance.
Peter

javier1, that  doesn't appear to be a US model, and this is the forum for Toshiba USA. You may want to contact Toshiba in your region.

muga_nishizawa, how do you have it connected? If you have it connected to Video 2, you shouldn't need to do anything, and it should be in color.

- Peter
muga_nishizawa

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

how do you have it connected? If you have it connected

> to Video 2, you shouldn't need to do anything, and it should

> be in color.

I tried to connect my Wii to TV via analog cable (white, red, yellow). Not sure but I pluged yellow cable in Video2..:-( Please tell me how to connect by analog cable. If the way doesn't exist, I want workaround plan.

Thanks,

Muga

Peter

Video 2 is a single port. You want to connect the Wii's yellow, white, and red cables to the adaptor cable that came with your TV. That adaptor has three ports on one side and a connector on the other. You plug that connector into Video 2.

- Peter
muga_nishizawa

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your response.

> Video 2 is a single port. You want to connect the Wii's yellow, white,

> and red cables to the adaptor cable that came with your TV. That

> adaptor has three ports on one side and a connector on the other.

> You plug that connector into Video 2.

I see. But, unfortunately I've lost the adatpor. I'm considering that I buy

same adaptor. Can I connect with the following adaptor?

3 RCA Femal to 3.5mm Male Video Audio Cable Adaptor Cable New High Quality 006

http://www.amazon.com/Female-3-5mm-Video-Adapter-Quality/dp/B006MNEG0Y/

Thanks,

Muga

Peter

I'll have to double-check. I'll let you know later today or tomorrow.

- Peter