AndrewOtt

HDMI and PC inputs do not work on my 37AV502R LCD TV

HDMI inputs and PC inputs do not work consistently

my Apple TV (HDMI) and computers 2 on HDMI, 1 on PC, display just fine n the TV but after a while the TV goes blank,

the time is not consistent sometime a few minutes, sometimes a few hours,

but every time, after the TV goes blank there is nothing I can do, the TV just stays blank, if I unplug and turn back on the TV displays the image for a split second and goes bank again,

I thought it might be an overheating thing, however sometimes the PC input will stop working but the HDMI input (either one) will work fine,

has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

A. 

thejonroy

Re: HDMI and PC inputs do not work on my 37AV502R LCD TV

I'm having the same issue.  As soon as I connect it to VGA or HDMI, it goes into a cycle of flashing on-and-off.  A guy on youtube had the same problem (posted a video identical to my problem) and reportedly fixed it with a firmware update.  

The problem: the US website doesn't have a firmware download.  The canadian website does, but the update is from 4/2009, and the manufactured date on the back of my TV is 5/2009.  (I also tried the update, but it didn't fix the problem).

When I call Toshiba to ask about the firmware update, after they confirm I am out of warranty, their automated system keeps hanging up on me.  So frustrating.