pj310

Firmware Update

Is there a way to download a firmware update to a Mac, and unzip it to a thumb drive that will work with Tosiba televisions? I can get the software, but then running the .exe file doesn't work (no application message). Thanks, Philip

nycwipeout

Re: Firmware Update

I would think the thumb drive would have to be formatted to FAT32 windows based, which makes can read/write.

Let us know if that works as I need to do mine as well

pj310

I've ended up downloading and un-zipping the update file on a pc at work. I sent that to my mac at home, which I'll try to use for the upgrade. The instructions for the drive say to format it FAT-16 not 32, so that's what I'll try. I'll let you know what happens, maybe not till tomorrow. Anyone else dealing with bad audio? Thanks, Philip

nycwipeout

I run all my HDMI and other audio through my Yamaha 7.1 amp and just feed the video signal via HDMI to the set, no audio problems that way

pj310

I run my audio both ways, dvd's thru nice speakers, crap tv audio thru crap tv speakers. My daughter doesn't have a receiver, so she's stuck using the tv speakers. I'm waiting to hear from her to see if the update helps her problem.