antoniomecca

Colored vertical lines on LCD TV Toshiba Rezga 52''

Our LCD TV Toshiba 52'' Rezga built in 2008 Mod: 52RV530U occasionally presents some vertical lines about three inches wide that comes and goes alone. Sometimes, multi-colored, sometimes of a single color, depending on the latest dominant color of the screen.

I changed the TCON,, I unplugged and re-plugged all the cables but nothing has changed. What else could it be ? There are hopes of repairing it?

Peter

Re: Colored vertical lines on LCD TV Toshiba Rezga 52''

It's likely that it needs servicing.

Contact support to speak with a tech support agent at (800) 631-3811.

- Peter
GIBHVAC

I too have this same issue with my 52RV535U  manufactured September 2008. I have taken pictures and will attach them to this post. I googled  and right away the information from other consumers was available without any searching whatsoever. I have the same concerns and hope a rememdy will be available. I strongly feel Toshiba has a problem that is wide spread enough that some action should be taken to fix this issue. I paid 1400.00 for this TV and certainly expected it to last longer than 3 years. Please consider my concerns and give me some direction on what has been found on what the problem has been and if I have any chance to have it fixed without my footing the bill. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

uh2lsaab

Re: Colored vertical lines on LCD TV Toshiba Regza 52''

We have the exact same issue of varying colored bars on the right 30 to 40% of the screen and now there is a blue haze sometimes in the middle.  The issue occasionally goes away, but not for long.  It started happening a year and a half after we bought the TV, (out of warranty of course).

I called Toshiba customer service to see if they could do anything to cover their defective products and they pretend like the issue doesn't exist and won't do anything to subsidize the cost of repairs or give a discount towards a new TV. 

There are hundreds of complaints about this on the internet and I think there is a service bulletin but as a consumer, I can't access it.  I tried writing to a guy who is starting a class-action lawsuit but I haven't heard back.  Our TV repairman knows about the issue and he says it is a bad LCD panel that costs over $1,000 to repair.

With this problem, the TV is basically useless.  Based on Toshiba's response and other recalls and class action lawsuits that they've had, plus the poor customer service, I will definitely not buy another Toshiba product again.

mahiwahi

I too have just become victim of the lines.  My TV is not even completely paid off for and it's hosed.  I have searched the internet and it seems this model is just doomed to break after a certain time.  Why has this not been recalled by Toshiba?  I see pictures of the identical lines in the same place on this TV all over the internet.  When you pay $1400 for something you would expect it to last more than 2 years.

Uh2lsaab as shown above your picture:

http://forums.toshiba.com/tshb/attachments/tshb/b_tv_troubleshooting/1417/1/IMG_0374.JPG

is a splitting image of my TV’s problem.

Toshiba….  You have any feedback??????

tonylawca

Same here!!! 

trashiba

My 52'' Toshiba Regza also just started getting the vertical lines of death, as in death to your Toshiba is imminent, so ive read. I called Toshiba for support and they offered to Troubleshoot my TV for $35; by "troubleshoot" they meant asking me to unplug and replug in my TV. Thumbs up customer support. But thankfully I can take my TV in for repair, which im positive will cost more than a brand new 62'' LCD nowadays. I hope Toshiba offers a recall for these crap TV's, but im not going to hold my breath. BTW, my TV was manufactured July 2008, about the same time as the TVs mentioned on this thread.  R.I.P. to my Trashiba, I hardly knew ye....

LampLtr1

I have same problem with same TV and same results which are zero help from toshiba. Looks like early grave is best solution now.

preferreduser

[ Edited ]

DIY LCD or LCD/LED  PANEL REPAIR

Looks  1 or more of  the bonded ribbon panel connectrs from the t-con board to the panel first check the connector at the board but is more likley the bonded panel connector . you to  have partially disassemble set and remove frt  panel bezel and  panel frame and shim the connection with rubber or foam. you can try this otherwise you are likley looking at a new panel or new set..this problem is common to any brand LCD/LED set  

This  is a temporary fix but can last for many years the only permanent fix is a new panel

If you are not  comfortable doing that maybe you can get a TV or computer tech try it. 

Caution  LCD sets can contain high voltages any work should be done with appropriate precautions 

watch this video  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHst6pKLtTE

If this video becomes unavailiable just search You tube for "LCD Panel repair " there are others .

Alternatley some folks take a clothes iron and breifly heat the affected connector  sometimes that works

to determine affected conector do a visual inspection or oporate the set and press on the ribbon in the affected area 

Note both LCD and LCD/LED sets and PC monitors have the same type panel connectors  

otobayko

[ Edited ]

Hello to all Toshiba Regza tv owners,

I have a 52 inch Regza TV that had similar problem. The screen comes back full after sometime. I noticed that the vertical lines returns after using my BLU RAY player.So since then,  I stopped using my blue ray player for a year now and I have not have an issue until now . I suspect that when I used my blu ray I dont have an SD card installed in the player but I dont want to attempt to use my player even with an SD card as of this time because I dont want to damage my TV again. TRY NOT USING YOUR BLU RAY PLAYER nothing to lose.

I don't know if we have similar problem but my TV is working without an issue right now.

John Bautista

otobayko

If you are using your blu ray, stop using it! I messes up the REGZA TV. Mine is working for a year now without that issue. I already returned the back cover of the TV.

John Bautista

otobayko

I stopped watching and using my blu ray for a year and my 52 in Regza Tv is working fine. I put the back cover of the TV because I am not having issues anymore and have no plans of retiring the TV.

John Bautista

otobayko

I put a 16g sd card on my blue ray player and have been using it with the TV and I never had an issue with the TV since then.
otobayko

If you use and watch movies on your blue ray player make sure you have an SD card at least 16g in it to avoid memory dumping on your TV.