sbushnell

Black line on plasma TV

I have a 42HP84 plasma TV about 7 years old.  Last week I started having a black line about 1.5" wide by 14" ling coming down from the top of the screen.  Toshiba support suggested I reboot the TV.  Didn't help.  Any ideas other than buying a new TV.

timothytook

Re: Black line on plasma TV

I have the same problem. It started about 1 month ago and I bought my TV about 8 years ago.  It seems to come and go, but when it comes on, it stays for a while. 

Did you ever get an answer to your question?

Joe B in Cincinnati

johncmiller1

Re: Black line on plasma TV

I have the same TV 42HP84.  Per the Model sticker it was manufactured in July 2005.  My TV developed a vertical black line a couple of years ago.  I found nothing on Toshiba's web site or by phone contact that was any help.  I did search "black line on plasma TV" through Google.  I found several youtube videos that showed how to repair this problem themselves.  I followed one of the videos and I was able to repair by TV myself.  It took me approximately 3 hours with a drill with several bits and a soldering iron.  Put the TV back together and it has worked fine up to just before Thanksgiving.  I guess I will try a another repair effort before I trot out to buy a new TV.

Good luck.