Occasional Contributor
shailps

Adobe flash support on toshiba 55L6200U TV browser?

[ Edited ]

Could someone from support team answer if 55L6200U will be getting adobe flash on tv browser? I just received my tv and this is the first thing I tested and found that it does not support flash. TV is awesome but no support for flash kills it.

Occasional Contributor
shailps

Re: Adobe flash support on toshiba 55L6200U TV browser?

Is there no one who could answer this?

On other note, I called Toshiba tech support yesterday to ask about flash and to get help on connecting a/v receiver.  The lady on phone had not clue as to what flash is. After few minutes on hold she told me I cant open pdf files as it does not have flash support. OK.

Regarding getting tv sound on my sound system using ARC through HDMI, she insisted that sound can only be sent to the tv using hdmi and not the other way around. When I told her that HDMI 1 on tv says it supports ARC (audio return channel) she got pissed off and put me on hold for good 10 minutes, which is when I hung up since she never came back. I wasted 20 minutes on that call for nothing.

Any information regarding flash support from this tech team would be highly appreciated. I might return the tv if it wont support flash. I still have a couple of weeks to return.

Peter

I don't see any mention of Flash anywhere, but I'm also not notifed ahead of time of planned feature additions to TVs.

- Peter
Occasional Contributor
shailps

Thanks for your reply. Having seen Toshiba's interest in not releasing updates that others are getting I can safely assume that it wont be getting flash, at least not in the near future. This judgement is based on my experience with thrive.

I still fail to understand why the just released tv would not support flash. Flash is not yet dying as some might suggest.

Peter

I'm not part of any of the design teams at all, but I do provide feedback on forum activity. At the very least, I can pass along that this is a requested feature. Sorry I can't do more.

- Peter
Occasional Contributor
shailps

[ Edited ]

I understand and that's alright. I will appreciate if you do push this as a requested feature. I am also a part of another community and everyone over there do want flash as you would expect.

Occasional Contributor
shailps

Any update on flash support in future?

Peter

Not that I know of.

- Peter
Occasional Contributor
shailps

Any update?

Occasional Contributor
jilla

Hello Peter,

Hope you are having a nice day! I am a very proud owner of 55L6200U. Very nice Picture Quality. Even Standard definition channels are fantastic on this TV. For HD content, this TV's PQ is no inferior to my SAMSUNG (D7000 model). It beats the Samsung on PQ on SD Channells. Even the Picture Quality on Netflix/You Tube beats Samsung. But like the other poster said, No flash support & very few Apps.

Please request for FLASH support. Every TV brand has it. I am also an owner of 55L6200U and last year's model as well (55TL515U). Last year's had FLASH support, hence should not be difficult to add.

Without Flash support, the web browser and the nice keyboard is pretty much useless. Have to connect Laptop like old TV models!

Also last year's model had SKYPE APPS, this years model doesn't.  Compared to last year's model, this year has few APPS. Compared to other major brands like SAMSUNG, LG, SHARP, very very few APPS. I believe 6200 & 7200 are flagship model & hence should have good APPS & Support FLASH.

Please pass this on.

Everyone of my friends/family are impressed when they see this for the first time even second/third time. I have hidden the keyboard as otherwise they would ask ........

Also one more Question : Is Toshiba going to release bigger screens like 60" or 65" in this series?

Also do you know why Toshibha is using LG panels on this prestigious line? According to experts in AVS forum, the LED Panel in L6200 is same as in LG model LM6700 & the one in L7200 is same as LG Model LM7600. Attaching pictures from AVS Forum

Please help.

Thanks & Have a nice weekend!

Peter

[ Edited ]

Hi jilla,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner; I've been out of town.

I wanted you to know that I passed along your questions/feedback. As for the main question about Flash support, I'll have to get back to you in the future because I don't have an answer yet. You asked about why this TV doesn't have Skype; I can't really comment on why some TVs have features that others don't. However, Toshiba opted to go with the SMART TV feature pack on this model line. I also can't comment on future models. With regards to the LG panel, I can't say for sure what about what panel was chosen nor what about that particular panel caused Toshiba to choose it. The people making those decisions aren't in my circle at all. Toshiba selects the best panel optimized for maximum viewing pleasure and quality by model.

I know I didn't really answer anything specifically, and I'm sorry I don't have more information. If I get an answer about Flash, I'll let you know!

- Peter
Occasional Contributor
jilla

Thanks Peter. Without Flash "Smart TV" isn't really Smart! :catlol:

When the TV's PQ is so excellent and now the catch phrase for selling TVs is SMART, you don't want to be left behind on basic APS like Skype and Flash is an integral part of web-sites. Without which many websites won't even open. It should not be difficult to implement as they had them in last year's models. Hope you passing on will help and a new software release (soon) will support FLASH and also have skype!!

Thanks again for your help!

Spoiler

Peter

I understand your concern about Flash support. Hopefully it will be added soon!

- Peter
meatbot

Hey Jilla

I feel your anguish when it comes to this latest model.  Having mine out of the box for 2 days I can say the "SmartTV" features are pretty bunk.  The youtube app doesn't accept keyboard input, doesn't support flash, usb compatibility is patchy (I thought USB was a standard?), it supports wireless internet but no support for file sharing.  Ahh the list goes on and on.  

If it weren't for the beautiful image, wonderful large size, and 3D capabilities for the price I'd be trading this 55U6200L in for another model.  I've pretty much written off the Smart TV features - I'll just plug in my laptop.

SmartTV's could learn a lessson or 50 from computers.  I'm sure it'll be a couple of years before they're up to par.

Jordan

rskv07

Toshiba customer support is a joke. They just ask the question and put you on a long hold hoping that you disconnect out of frustration.

Anybody experiencing Youtube crashing when you try to play a video? It's very frustrating. I've updated the software update to version 0.7.2.0 and still it is crashing. 

Occasional Contributor
shailps

Any update, Peter?

Peter

There is an update in the works. Unfortunately it was delayed once already. I don't have a new target date, but hopefully it shouldn't be much longer.

- Peter
Occasional Contributor
shailps

So are you comfirming that there will be an update implementing Adobe flash support in the future? If so, then it's a good news and I can wait for that update.

Occasional Contributor
jilla

[ Edited ]

Peter & All,

There is an update released yesterday 23rd. I got it in. version 0.8.4

Now it has FLASH support!

Good. Thanks to Peter & TOshiba. Now we can use sites with flash and play internet content. I tested with a couple of sites and it works well.

Hope they would something for the sound also!

Hope SKYPE will be added too soon! Any news on that Peter?

Occasional Contributor
shailps

Jilla, that is a good news. But, I didn't get any notification for update yesterday. Even on Toshiba download section they have last release on 06/06/2012. I will check my TV for update in the evening.

Toshiba Download section:

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=336083...