engelhjs

50L2200U won't scan digital channels

When trying to autoscan for OTA digital signals, my 50L2200U will only scan the analog channels. How do I set it to scan digital?

Peter

Re: 50L2200U won't scan digital channels

If you can't solve your issue and no one in the community can help, contact support to speak with a tech support agent at (800) 631-3811.

- Peter
engelhjs

I contacted support last week. I was told they would call me back that day with an answer, and I never heard from them again.

macindroid

I just got this 50l2200u also.

It says scanning Analog... None found.

Never scans digital. Read the manual, searched Google, here, etc, and played with all menus. Couldn't find where to make it scan for Digital over the air TV signals.

However...I do NOT have an antenna plugged in. I assumed it would be built in, right? Will plugging an antenna in fix this? I don't see wat it would have to do with scanning digital vs. analog. 

The tech support guy when I called said oh yea buy an antenna that will fix it.  That sounds... odd. Maybe it will. Anyone else here know? Also, he claimed there is "no software update" for this TV. That also sounds unlikely. Mine says June 2012. Is there a newer one? Maybe that'd fix this and let it get digital over the air signals?

Thanks all.

Regular Contributor
OrbiRock

I just got this 50l2200u also.

It says scanning Analog... None found.

Never scans digital. Read the manual, searched Google, here, etc, and played with all menus. Couldn't find where to make it scan for Digital over the air TV signals.

However...I do NOT have an antenna plugged in. I assumed it would be built in, right? Will plugging an antenna in fix this? I don't see wat it would have to do with scanning digital vs. analog. 

The tech support guy when I called said oh yea buy an antenna that will fix it.  That sounds... odd. Maybe it will. Anyone else here know? Also, he claimed there is "no software update" for this TV. That also sounds unlikely. Mine says June 2012. Is there a newer one? Maybe that'd fix this and let it get digital over the air signals?

Thanks all.

Reply:

First of all, there's no such thing as a built in antenna on every TV. Perhaps it might be considered in the near future maybe... How would on earth a TV would get any signal if there's no source (Antenna) connected to it?

Regular Contributor
OrbiRock

When trying to autoscan for OTA digital signals, my 50L2200U will only scan the analog channels. How do I set it to scan digital?

Reply:

1st question is, what is the source of signal?  Is it an indoor antenna, cable provider w/ cbox or satellite w/ satbox?

If the source is indoor make sure that it is placed to a spot where it can get a better reception. This unit is QAM capable, so there's no need to use any device like digital converter to get a digital signal. However, make sure that the antenna should be capable of receiving a digital signal too if not then get a digital antenna..

If the source is cable provider w/ cbox or satellite w/ satbox, and if you're using AV cables such as HDMI, Composite, Component. It is just a matter of setting the right input, input setting would depends on how the external tuner is connected. NO NEED TO SCAN! it's just a waste of time.

goldengolf

I have a 51H93 with the same problem.  My cable company just converted to all digital, no cable box needed because I have a qam tuner but they are telling me I need a DTA converter.  If I have a digital tuner i shouldneed a converter, when I scan I only get about 10 digital channel out of 70.  If you have or find a solution email me at goldengolf@bellsouth.net.  thanks.