ducklite

47L6200U software update problem

Hi

A customer of mine had bought this toshiba 47L6200U about 3months ago he was watching it and was promted

about a software update (its connected to the internet) so he applied the update four days later the television only powers on with the toshiba sign

and does nothing else no menu, no OSD just toshiba written in red across the screen and the green led constantly blinks

does anybody here know how to slove this problem 

Help me please

Peter

Re: 47L6200U software update problem

Try leaving it unplugged from power for an hour. If that doesn't help, call customer support at (800) 631-3811.

- Peter
ducklite

hi

thanks for the reply but I did that already and it did not help

just got a call from another of my customers and he has two more with the same problem

skydancer

i also  have this same problem with my 47L6200U SMART tv.  Bought it in November 2012.  What a shame.  I have tried resetting it for days now, leaving it unplugged during my 8 hour shift.  Still no go.

Any suggestions?

ducklite

Man something is wrong but toshiba will not admit

I had to buy boards from ebay to repair the three I had

I called the number peter gave and that was a joke they wanted to know if the led constantly blinks

then they wanted the serial number, the reciept number on the receipt you get when you bought it.

smart tvs are great when they work and long as they work.

anywho the main board has to be replaced how to have tthat done is another guess

good luck

ducklite

skydancer

I wish I could just find the boards for mine.  Seems like everyone is sold out.  In all honsety, Toshiba should be compensating these faulty TV's as it seems it is the L6200U series.

ducklite

Its all their smart TVs people have wireless networks at home but toshiba can't tell

how robust they are or if they are properly configured..

I think if you contact them say your board is bad they should take it back and send you a new one

without you having to jump through too many hoops to get it.

ducklite

skydancer

Thanks!

skydancer

I managed to contact Toshiba, and they wanted me to send them a proof of purchase, which I did via email.  Having said that, they have not replied yet.

Visions Canada. where I bought the TV from has directed me to bring it to the service depot in my area, which I will do.

ducklite

Great for you 

Occasional Contributor
kb0nly

I have a 55L7200U here that did the same thing... Exactly...

Owner said the firmware update came on the screen, they did the update, now the tv boots up to the Toshiba logo, green light flashing.. .Won't do anything else.  Was unplugged for a week before i got it to attempt repair, that didnt reset it nothing will.

The board for the 55L7200U is nearly impossible to find...

Alxm

Any way to turn off the firmware upgrade message?  I just had my motherboard replaced under warranty and the tv is working again.  I don't want to do the firmware upgrade and have the tv go bad again.  The message pops up after the tv has been off for a while.

My tv had been working fine initially.  Then I was prompted for the firmware upgrade which I did via wifi.  It said it completed successfully.  It didn't go bad as quickly as the first poster.  But then again I don't watch tv everyday.  But it did go bad.  Same symptoms as the first poster.  So now that I have another working motherboard in my tv.  I'm afraid to do the update again and have the tv go bad again.

SirEdwardSalazar

I am going to attempt to buy and install a mainboard to fix this issue myself since TO**bleep**A isnt going to help

does it matter what main board with the "REV:#" I get?

ducklite

Yes the REV# matters

try to find one with the same part number and REv number and that should fix your problem

and do not connect the television to the internet ,you might end up in the same hole again 

SirEdwardSalazar

ok so i finally took off my backing of the TV and i found the main board... its REV:1D but i noticed on the actual board itself it says REV:1A

pic included.

http://goo.gl/jZ5LPp

I just wanna be sure im going to order the right board and if it doesnt matter ill just order the cheapest one.

Thank you for the help.

ducklite

[ Edited ]

What I would do is get a board where the bar code sticker saysthe same as what this one says

part number and rev number match

SirEdwardSalazar

Board came in i hooked it all up and it works again!! Thank you for the support it means alot to me.

ducklite

your welcomed sir

I help whenever I can