ggnbnj

46wx800u 3d led firmware update

My tv has software as of 12/2010. I just bought this TV in March. The webiste has firmware as of 2/26/2011.

Currently the TV does not provide internet updates-says no update available at this time.

Should I update using a flash drive and download it from Toshiba or just wait until the internet update becomes available?

landaluz

Re: 46wx800u 3d led firmware update

I Just put my 55wx800U to upgrade its firmware but it take too much time Im despered what I have to do? the power button is pink for 30 minutes or more.

robbieas

Make sure you format the USB drive to FAT (not FAT32) and put the files directly on the USB drive root, not in the folder they come zipped in. Also make sure you use the top USB port as shown in the instructions. I tried it first in the bottom one and it didn't take. Once I ran the process from the top USB port it only took 5 minutes or so and completed the update.

I've got an issue with the Comcast user settings getting reset everytime the TV powers off, but this didn't resolve it. I didn't notice anything different in the menus, though I'd swear the picture ot better.

ambrose1am

[ Edited ]

Note: Toshiba is very unfriendly to Mac users. If you're trying to do this upgrade, you really do have to do it via Windows. Reformat your flash drive to FAT and download and extract DIRECTLY to the flash drive. You'll have to do it through Boot Camp or Parallels.

Also, make sure to write down your TV settings! The firmware eliminates ALL of your presaved choices. Ah, the wonders of the non-Apple world. Come on, Toshiba. Would it be too hard to save my Theaterlocked settings?

Alonso

I did the new firmware update, but when I try to start the application Net TV I got this message: Unable to launch com.yahoo.widgets.tv.container. Do you know how to solve this problem??

zebra734

I tried to install the latest Firmware update on my 46WX800U tv and it starts to update and gets about 1/3 of the way into the update and fails to complete. Message says Update failed press ok to restart TV? Anyone have a better solution to a failed firmware update? BTW the tv does not restart, I have to turn off the power and turn it back on. I have tried doing a "Reset TV" and unplugging the tv, waiting and plugging back into power. Turn on try again..same problem. Tried re-down loading the firmware update and running the whole process again. Anyone have some experiance with firmware updates on this model of TV?

zebra734

Update on  the following 09-09-2011TV Firmware

This update is not a viable update, I have tried everything possible to get this update to take and ended up calling Tech support. After resetting our TV back to the original settings. Later in the week after downloading the firmware update over a LAN connection, I tried the update again. Same problem as before. My advice, Do not attempt to install this update without first contacting Toshiba customer technical support. Be prepared with your serial number and a good reason for upgrading your firmware. BTW I am closing my software update notification from Toshiba. Signed,
a not so happy user