mhillmer
Accepted Solution

46SL412U Analog inputs (composite and ColorStream HD component) not working

Hello.  I have a Nintendo Wii and I can't get to work on my 46SL412U.  I've tried both the default composite video cable and the component inputs and they don't show up as "enabled" in the input menu.  Only my 2 HDMI sources (direct TV and a WD TV Live) and the antenna show up as enabled under input sources.  I've moved this from my samsung DLP, where it has worked for years without an issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Matt

mhillmer

Re: 46SL412U Analog inputs (composite and ColorStream HD component) not working [SOLVED]

I went through the menus one more time and noticed that under channel labels, the analog inputs were set to HIDE.  After I changed this, those inputs now work.  It is interesting that HIDE doesn't do anything more than make them show up as unselectable.  It should say DISABLE, not HIDE.

Thanks

Matt

Peter

Re: 46SL412U Analog inputs (composite and ColorStream HD component) not working [SOLVED]

Sorry for the confusion, but I'm glad you got it working!

- Peter
annastesia972

So I bought this tv a while back, 4 years ago. I have 32AV502U and having the same problem. I gave this tv to my teenaged son and he can't play his PS3 on the HDMI components. I tried activating the channel input labels and still nothing. I have a newer television that is internet ready, thus I can update the softwares and use the newer devices. Any advice on how I can get the game to work. I have used the PS2 on this tv with no problems.

Peter

Do you have another HDMI device to test? Try using the same HDMI cable and the same port on the TV with a different device. This way we can figure out if we need to change settings on the TV or on the PS3.

- Peter