jimcoo

37av502r turning off and turning on

My toshiba LCD tv will turn off for a few seconds, come on again for a few seconds, and off and on continuously.  It tends to happen more during the day than during the night, and it only happens when hooked up to the antenna - does not happen if we are playing a VHS or DVD.

Any ideas of how it can be fixed?

Jim

Peter

Re: 37av502r turning off and turning on

It sounds to me like it might need servicing. You can contact customer support at (800) 631-3811.

- Peter
thejonroy

I'm having the same issue.  As soon as I connect it to VGA or HDMI, it goes into a cycle of flashing on-and-off.  A guy on youtube had the same problem (posted a video identical to my problem) and reportedly fixed it with a firmware update.  

The problem: the US website doesn't have a firmware download.  The canadian website does, but the update is from 4/2009, and the manufactured date on the back of my TV is 5/2009.  (I also tried the update, but it didn't fix the problem).

When I call Toshiba to ask about the firmware update, after they confirm I am out of warranty, their automated system keeps hanging up on me.  So frustrating. 

Peter

You might want to try looking for an Authorized Service Provider because you're out of warranty.

Global ASP Locator

- Peter