ohhenryque

32DT2U Sound not loud enough

I never thought  buying a tv in 2011 that I would be disappointed with the sound but such is the case with this set.  I'm having to set the sound at max on almost all channels and with some channels, even that is not enough.  I said to myself, ok, I'll just add some speakers.  Now I see that there is only a digital output for this set.  Am i missing something?  Does anyone know if it's possible to add just ordinary speakers to enhance the sound without spending a fortune?  Don't need surround sound, this set is in my computer room as a secondary tv, it's only 32" and I'm 8 feet away.  Thanks.

Why422

Re: 32DT2U Sound not loud enough

Same on this unit Sound is LOW LOW LOW  @ 100% .  If can not be fix it will go back for a refund!

I am  disappointed in this Toshiba 32DT2U

Peter

Check this support bulletin.

Low sound, no sound, or speakers are crackling on TV.

That model does not have legacy ports for older speakers/sound systems.

- Peter
frozenwaves

After a month of communicating with Toshiba Support, getting a local cable tv tech to confirm the low audio level was from the TV, Toshiba OKed that I contact a repair service to check out the TV. After 2 more months of replacing parts etc, it was determined by the repair technician that the problem was the small, downward pointing speakers in the TV that could not produce enough volume. Toshiba did not supply an analogue output in this model. Your only option is to buy a $100 plus soundbar that has a TOSLINK input or a stereo amplifier with same. A Digital to Analogue converter can be used, but external speakers with an amplifier is required (another $150). I had a 3.5mm jack installed inline with the internal speakers so I could drive an external speaker. I believe the TV audio amp can handle 10 watts.

Take the TV back & get credit if you can.