Occasional Contributor
PyrusBoy

Help with Network controller

I have just had to install a new HD and reinstall drivers for my Tecra M2 PTM20E-01LOC-7D.

I have all but Network Controller.. The Details given on Device manager is :: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1043&SUBSYS_25818086&REV_04\4&16793A72&0&28FO.

I have looked at the Toshiba archived files for the M2 and the Intel site but cant find what is required. 

Can anyone please help and point me in the right direction.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Help with Network controller

Tecra M2 PTM20E-01LOC-7D

Something like this one.

Tecra M2 (PTM20E-4MP19-EN)

All the downloads for that model (and others in part-number family PTM20E) are here.

If you have access to the recovery disc, follow the instructions in the User's Manual attached to restore the hard drive. All of the drivers and utilities will be properly installed.

If you elect to install Windows XP instead, you need to be careful to install those downloads in the correct order. Otherwise, the same problems will arise again. Start over with a clean install of Windows XP.

Install the chipset software followed by the display driver prior to any other driver. Install the Common Module before any other Toshiba utilities. I have attached the order Toshiba recommends.

-Jerry