juder

removing downloaded photos

[ Edited ]
hi, new here with the thrive tablet. some how i ended up with several photo albums on my thrive tablet from photos i have saved through pisa on my desktop pc. i don't want them on my tablet. i can't figure out how to delete them. i tried holding down on them but no trash can comes up for me to drag them to. can't find them in my files to delete. any suggestions?
thanks
judy
Occasional Advisor
epags

Re: removing downloaded photos

Have tried going to 'file manager on your thrive, then to 'pctures'? Unless you are storing them on a enternal SD card you should be able to touch their file name and drag to the trash can.
Let us know if this works.
Occasional Advisor
TheNobleOne

[ Edited ]

In Gallery (The Picture/Photo Viewer that comes with Android), when you press and hold an album or individual photo/video, a list of options, including a small trash can at the very top right, pops up. Just tap the trash can and then "Confirm Delete". Remember to press the back button when in gallery so you can get to the home gallery screen that shows you all the folders with media in them.

You can also delete them through Toshiba's File Manager. Just select the Internal Memory View, and find the name of the folder (the album) that has the pictures you want to delete. You can press and hold the folder and a screen pops up with the option to delete.

Photos that you take with the Camera show up in a folder called "DCIM" (Digital Camera Images) --> Camera.

The photos you're looking for might be in the folder "Pictures" (that's a folder that comes stock with Android).

If you otherwise don't know what folder they're in, you can download the more adavanced file manager called "Astro" from the Android Market and use its search function to find the media you're looking for or simply look throguh all the folders on the internal memory.

juder

thank you for the help, i'll give it a try.