Fredrica

how to delete cache of my places on google maps and gps--also delete books read

Trying to figure out how to delete My Places on google maps-navigation-gps (yes, it works). I don't see any delete button anywhere.  Also, in the Kindle books, how do I delete books I've already read?  I held my finger down on it, a box came up saying I could delete----it was deleted, but next time I came into the kindle app, there was the book again. Do I have to go somewhere else to do it?  Thank you

Occasional Contributor
eddieddie84

Re: how to delete cache of my places on google maps and gps--also delete books read

Go to your applications list as if you were going to uninstall the app. From there you can clear the cache.

audrey12

Re: how to delete cache of my places on google maps and gps--also delete books read

I responded to an update for toshiba book place and the toolbar disappeared, the books covers is gone and I can't delete any books. I deleted and downloaded again but no change.

Occasional Advisor
epags

Re: how to delete books read (Kindle)

Re: Kindle.  You are not going to like to hear this.  Books you buy from Amazon (most books that you can read on your Kindle) cannot be deleted.  You can delete them from your download (internal memory) but the title will show up on your Thrives Kindle 'archive' list which is a list stored in the Amazon cloud.  You can go to your PC account with Amazon and even put the titles in the 'trash' file (takes a lot of effort to find it) and they will not show up on your PC account but will show up on your Thrive's Archive list.

I worked with Amazon for a hour or more and they finally said that ony book you buy from Amazon (even the free ones) remain in a file that 'allows you to download them without ever paying again". 

If they ever change this process I will post and if you ever find a way to delete Kindle books from your thrive's archive list please post that info.  

BTW I found that I can download books to FBbook reader, Aldiko and other ebook apps and after reading them, successfully delete them. Oh Well.