Occasional Contributor
jonweis
Accepted Solution

changing default browser

I know this is a nobrainer but how do I change my default browser back from google to my firefox?

thanks,

Jon

o

Regular Advisor
dalepl

Re: changing default browser

Should be in the settings for FireFox.

Paul L. Dale
Thrive Developer - ThriveForums.org
Occasional Contributor
jonweis

No it's doesn't appear on the option or preferences menu....When I mistakenly touched the make this the default browser while scanning a code there was a brief screen that told how to change back but it disappeared before I could read it.  Only help I can get is for the pc version setting the defaults. No toolbar to be found on the mobile version.

Regular Advisor
charlesd45

[ Edited ]

Touch browser on your home page,top right touch the settings tabs and scroll down to settings.You can set the home  there.

Occasional Contributor
jonweis

No I don't want to set the home page I want to make Firefox my default browser.  Mess up and touched make this my default browser when scanning a code in and after the scan the window showing both the chrome or google browser and Firefox apeared.  That's when I touched the make this my default action when touched. 

Regular Advisor
charlesd45

[ Edited ]

Are you talking about on your computer?If yes just click on the icon for Firefox and you will get a pop up asking to make it your defult browser right before it comes up.If on the thrive just touch the Firefox app.

Occasional Advisor
jaded

I don't think there is a way to change the Thrive default browser. If there is a way I haven't been able to find it.

Occasional Contributor
jonweis

[ Edited ]

Charles....

On the Thrive, if I click on the firefox icon the program comes us just fine but it is not now the default browser and that's what I'm trying to change back to what it was prior to my "poison fingers moment":smileysad:

What I'm trying to say here is that now when I touch one of my shortcut web sites that were using Firefox before, it now is using the google/chrome or whatever browser to load the page there fore it's become my new default browser and I want to keep getting the page that asks which browser I want to use! Hope this is a little clearer now.

Occasional Advisor
jaded

[ Edited ]

Try going to settings then applications and then to whatever the current default browser is. There is a way to clear the defaults for that applicaton. After you clear those defaults the next time you do a google it will ask you which browser you want to use and there is a set as default option.

Occasional Contributor
jonweis

Bingo!!!!!!!

Thanks so much.  These ole fingers got me in trouble once again but you came to the rescue! :smileyhappy:

Thanks again,

Jon